Can you breathe underwater? - Part 2

They dismantled any redundant gear, leaving only the light diving suits underneath their clothes on. Bane frowned, when taking off his gauntlets, leather jacket and at last, his hat.

"I would have appreciated you hitting our target, so we didn't have to do this." Bane's voice was disgruntled.

"You think I like it, that the storm troopers look like snipers compared to me at the moment? Or, that we have to go with this plan now?" she wasn't in any better mood. We are going to his territory now.

She took the rest of the diving gear out of the backpack. Pneumatic harpoons, flashlights, flippers, masks, pressure stabilizer earplugs, small underwater jets that could be attached to wrists and ankles to help them to manoeuvre faster and better, and at last A99 aquata breathers for both of them. She had seen these apparatuses only on jedi all those years back, but knowing his history it hadn't surprised her that Bane had some in his stashes. They prepared the rest of the gear that was needed, and she put the backpack on.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

They glanced at each other, and then jumped into all too murky, cool waters.

"The comm working? How about the wrist scanner?"

"Loud and clear, and the scanner works fine, but there are too many life signs here. It's hard to tell which one is our quarry."

"I hope we don't bash into any Sharvo fish, or even worse, Rokkna..." she said, and her tone was vexed. going underwater to hunt a Nautolan wasn't on her list of things she wanted to do.

They advanced in the deeper waters, all the larger life signs showing that way. The visibility was poor, and it was a ghostlike sight, when a humongous, dark silhouette of a C-9979 landing craft's remains filled their vision, towering in front of them on the ocean floor.

"There are some larger life signs inside," she said, watching her scanner. Before Bane even answered they saw a streak of light from inside of the ship on a higher level.

"It's a trap," she said, staring at the ship's skeleton vexedly.

"Yeah, but it would be rude to turn down the invitation."

They approached the ship, and she had an uneasy feeling being in the dark waters, even though they had flashlights mounted on the side of their masks and harpoons. The lights made them very convenient targets, but the darkness was a problem for them, not for the Nautolan. Trying to spot a grey Nautolan in dark waters... Great... As they got closer to the ship, the readings on their scanners started to flicker, and when they got next to the ship disappeared completely.

"Great. Dren is having some kind of disturbance field activated. We are blind Nunas now." Her voice was troubled.

"Let's watch our backs then, lady."

They entered the ship from the gaping hole on its side, back to back, each other checking their side. It was obvious that Feli Dren had modified this ship as his base, or a trap, she thought. There was deliberately positioned debris around, creating blind spots, and hideouts around the staging area, and there was a hole on the floor, leading to the lower level. She tried to take a look around some of the debris, when a grey figure flashed on the edge of her vision towards Bane, but neither of them was able to react fast enough. Feli Dren bashed Bane deeper inside the area separating them, knocking the wind out of him, and a vibroblade was gleaming in the smuggler's hand.