Can you tell friends from foes? Part II

There was a nervous, anticipating feeling hanging in the air, a moment frozen in time, everybody waiting for what would happen next. She felt Hondo's previously all too affably hugging arm tightening around Her. She heard Bane's growl from the other side, and a sharp breath escaping Hondo, a nervous smile spreading to the pirate's face when he understood he had just blurted out his plan for them. Ziiba was the first one to speak before Hondo would make things worse.

"They would have found out that I was here, Hondo, and you know that."

"I would have tried to keep you out of their way the best I could, my dear!" the pirate exclaimed, stepping a few steps back now, his hands gently, appeasingly patting their shoulders, like reassuring them not to make any rash decisions. She and Bane both knew Hondo was drawing his blaster, and both tensed up. It wasn't like the Weequay would just coldly murder them standing there, but neither would he hesitate to try to kill them if things took a wrong turn. Then, Ziiba continued;

"You would, and I didn't want to see what would have happened when that plan had failed." The Rodian was visibly nervous, shedding glances at Bane, but trying to steady her voice when speaking to Hondo.

"We need them. You said yourself that it's too risky for you with the crew you can amass now."

"My dear, you are not seriously suggesting sharing the spoils...?"

"We need their help, Hondo!" Now the Rodian's voice had a sharp edge.

She couldn't help a curt smile and a short snort escaping Her. The doll has guts, and some edge. Bane glanced at Her sharply, sneering.

"But the profit margins drop!" Hondo exclaimed, his voice now rising in desperation.

She and Bane were following the discussion in confusion. What are they talking about? There was a short silence, and then Hondo sighed almost melodramatically, raising his hands in the air like surrendering, a blaster not surprisingly in his other hand.

"Oh, my dear... You drive a hard bargain! Hard bargain, I say! Fine. We'll make them partners!" Then he just stepped forwards, scooping both bounty hunters again around their shoulders, and walked them towards the doors.

"But, no. Shooting. Anybody! That's bad business!"

They both glanced at each other, neither even remotely guessing what was going on, but the situation had defused at least momentarily, and it wouldn't hurt to hear out what they had to say. But partnering with Hondo..? Never again! She knew Bane was thinking exactly the same, when the Duros glanced at Her, shaking his head, teeth bared in a snarl.

They stepped inside a large hall-like room, and Hondo ushered them to sit down, pouring green, familiar brew in glasses. Neither She nor Bane touched it, remembering the Weequay's words too well. The atmosphere around the table made Hoth feel like a beach resort.

"I could swear you have something against my dear Rodian friend here, Bane," Hondo started in his familiar tone. "But, you should hear her out, my friend. She has a very profitable plan, and was very insistent to offer you a part in it."

Bane now turned towards Ziiba. Someone could have been fooled by the Duros' now smirking, almost relaxed composure, as Bane tilted the chair, and leaned backwards in it.

"Spit it out, li'l lady. Tell me how you're gonna save yourself." Bane's tone was low and smooth now, almost silky, and he eyed Ziiba with a gaze that sent shivers through the Rodian's spine. Like a predator playing with its prey.