Going Undercover: Part IV

She and Bane glanced at each other.

"We can still do this," Bane said.

"Worth a shot," she answered, as they rushed forward. There was no need to be precautious anymore. They were still good twenty meters from their prey, when Dal Brella emerged into action, understanding what was happening around him. The Chagrian was about to turn around, and dash for the door behind him, back to safety. She and Bane cursed, understanding there wasn't a chance in hell they could reach their quarry in time. Druk.

Then Ziiba grabbed Brella from the front of his jacket, and kicked the Chagrian with all she got to where it hurt most. Brella groaned, and bent forwards, unable to move, unable to escape.

The next moment She and Bane were there, both eyeing the Rodian distrustfully, her blaster already pointed at the woman. What game does she play? The Security was alarmed, yes, but she also prevented their prey from escaping, giving them a chance to get him. Then Ziiba turned to them.

"I tried! I thought I was able to distract them!"

Aurra's cover fire echoed from the building's wall behind them, and both bounty hunters were very aware they were running out of time. Bane's blaster was finally out of his satchel, and She was thinking whether to shoot the Rodian or not.

Ziiba's eyes were pleading. "...Please... They can see from the records what I did. That I got him out here, and prevented his escape! They will kill me for this!" Her voice was desperate, and She lowered her gun ever so slightly, making Bane growl at her when seizing the Chagrian.

"Dont't even think about it, lady!"

"Too late!" she yelled, grabbing the Rodian's shoulder, and turning around towards the rail of the terrace, dragging Ziiba with her. Am I gonna regret this?

"She's your responsibility, you hear me, lady!?" Bane roared, when he pulled the Chagrian from his lethorns, and yanked the screaming, staggering prey, who was still cradling his groins, with him. The man was yet too much in pain to struggle, and he followed Bane's lead to avoid at least the ripping pain coursing through his lethorn that was tightly in Bane's clutch.

"North-East corner! Now! Come pick us up!" She shouted, while all three bounty hunters together were keeping the Security in their crossfire to cover their escape.

They saw the speeder approaching. "No chance to stop, time it well!" Aurra shouted, and they could hear the taunting smile behind her voice. Aurra's deadly, accurate cover fire continued, keeping the guards at bay.

Ziiba and Brella were between them and the guards as they charged across the terrace. It was clear that seeing Dal Brella, and another guest in their clutches would greatly affect the security's eagerness to fire, and they were dead-on. Almost immediately the fire was redirected from them to the approaching speeder and Aurra.

"R3, slow down!" She shouted. "We can't make the jump if you pass us that fast!"

The answer on the commline was apprehensive, saucy beeping and whirring.

"I know you are being shot at! Keep it steady, and let Aurra do her job, and slow down when you pass us!" She shouted at R3. Still coming too fast.

"I'm gonna blast your droid if he botches this!" Bane's voice expressed all his vexation, and R3's sassy whistle carried through the comms as an answer to Bane.

"We don't have to worry about shooting anyone, if we end up flat some hundred floors below, so how about we concentrate on surviving that jump now!?"