Going Undercover Part III

Now Her eyes lit up, when she recognized the Rodian. That's why she looked so familiar! The woman was already lashing out at Bane, and it was a mere second apart before their cover would be blown. She slipped her hand in the pocket, taking a small, modified electric stunner in her hand, and stepped fast after the Rodian, curling her hands around her as if passionately embracing her from behind, the stunner on the Rodian's chest, and whispering in her ear.

"I'd be very silent now, unless you want to be electrocuted on where you stand." She glanced at Bane over the Rodian's shoulder. The Duros was just staring at them, obviously thinking if killing her would save anything. The Rodian gasped, and swallowed her yell, but hissed at her.

"Now I remember you too. You were also at the club that day."

"Perceptive. You have a good memory. Had I remembered you sooner this could have been avoided. But I don't get how I missed you from the guest list?" She squinted her eyes when trying to think how she could have overlooked their former prey from Iskaayuma, Ziiba Eerran, from the lists. She had looked up everybody. Bane looked at her piercingly. It had been her job to verify if there was anyone they should avoid.

"Because I wasn't on the list. I came here with one senator, and he announced me to Brellas when we were at the doors. They didn't decline." Ziiba's voice was snarling when talking to her, but her irated stare did not stray off from Bane. Then an understanding flashed across the Rodian's face;

"That's why you wanted to get in those quarters with me. You are after Dal Brella!" Ziiba still hissed at her, as the device pressed harder on the Rodian's chest.

Bane raised his eyebrows looking at her. "You were using her to get in?"

"Of course I was using her to get in. What else you thought? I learned from the guard with a Massiff that Dal Brella is staying in the southside VIP quarters, and she just walked out of there, and I was able hit it off with her, trying to find a way in." Her voice was vexed, as she was having a very clear idea what Bane had been thinking.

"And you didn't think you should let me know?" The Duros growled, leaning towards her over the Rodian.

"There was no chance to do that without the guard noticing then. He followed me until I started talking with her." She nodded towards Ziiba, whose stiff frame was trembling slightly in her grip, yet not from fear, but frustration and anger, and her voice raised to almost a yell between them.

"Will you two just shut up!"

Both bounty hunters froze momentarily, staring at the woman between them, and then glancing around if anyone was paying attention to them, but there was so much clamor that nobody bothered to even take a look. She was too surprised to activate the stunner, and Bane's hand was yet only reaching his satchel. The Rodian lowered her voice immediately, but  continued nonetheless.

"Look, I'd love to see you both get your asses busted, especially you," she tilted her head upwards to stare at Bane. "But, I get you are not playing around, and I have no deathwish," she continued, glancing at her over her shoulder. "Also, fortunately for you I harbour no warm feelings for Dal Brella." Now Ziiba paused for a moment, letting her words sink in. Bounty hunters glanced at each other. Bane's hand had stopped , and Ziiba took it as a sign to continue.

"Let's cut a deal. I help you to get Dal Brella, and believe me, you could use my help, and you..." she paused for a moment. "You do a favour for me."

"What the hell are you talking about, lil'l lady? You are in no position to demand anything." Bane's voice was strained. Their mission was going up in smoke, and they were now walking a tightrope here. For all the persons, why it had to be this Rodian? Bane sneered when remembering how he had dragged the squirming, yelling, half-naked Rodian in the Justifier, thrown her into the cell, and let her yell her lungs out for the whole trip back... Then he had dropped her in that state in front of her father, whose mien had been more than displeased, though he had paid Bane in full. Ziiba had cursed Bane all the way as his unconcerned back disappeared inside the Justifier. Druk.