Slow morning disturbed part 1 / 3

She woke up, her forehead against Bane's chest, and felt how the Duros absentmindedly ran his fingers through her hair, and on her neck. She pressed herself closer to Bane, wrapping her arm around him. It felt good to wake up without nightmares from time to time. As dubious as it was, talking to Bane of all the people had helped. She chuckled at the thought.

"You awake?" Bane's fingers started sliding down her spine.

"Mmmhmmm... What if I say no?" She muttered against his chest, already guessing where this was going, and welcoming it.

"Wouldn't help you much."

She chuckled again, pushing the Duros on his back. Bane grabbed her waist, pulling her on top of him.

"Good morning," she murmured, already sliding Bane inside her.

"It's about to get better." The Duros gave out a short groan, and inhaled sharply, baring his fangs, when she started riding him .

Suddenly, a piercing sound of an alarm filled the room, and almost immediately the Justifier shook from the blast wave of something hitting its shields. It was almost an odd sight how fast a slow morning turned into something else, as both were out of the bunk in a second. Bane headed into the cockpit, almost barging into Todo who was coming to report what was going on, and she was on her way to check the status of the hull, and deflector shields in the mechanical compartment, both grabbing the clothes and gear with them on their way.

"Mr. Bane, we are under attack by an unidentified Flarestar-class attack shuttle!"

Bane stared at Todo. "Flarestar...? It can't be Hondo's gang..." Then the most obvious possibilities came into his mind.

"Hey, Lady! We are probably getting our asses bitten by either the Rodian mission acquaintances, or the Krie's Weequay pirates!"

"You mean the pirates you fried to get that brat at the club in Rodia ages ago, or the ones whose ship's engines you fried on another mission?"

"Either of them, how the hell should I know? ...Don't believe it's Hondo anyways. We have no quarrel at the moment, and other Weequays are using those ships too."

"Great..."

"What are the damages?" Bane shouted, as another blast jolted the ship, even though he was doing his best to evade the hail of bolts targeting them.

"Shields are holding pretty well, but we cannot take too many similar hits anymore. Care to take us out of the reach of any pirates you have pissed off?"

Bane's chuckle turned into a curse, as another hit jerked the ship considerably, and she gave a yelp when hitting the wall hard.

"Your ass in one piece over there?" She heard Bane shouting,

"That is, my head was not so lucky," she yelled, holding her aching temple. "I boost the rear shields! Get us out of here!" She shouted to Bane.

"Oh no, lady, give me the boost to the front shields, I am gonna give those slagchuckers something to remember me by, so they won't make the same mistake ever again!"

She knew it didn't help to object when Bane had a certain tone in his voice, and that was exactly what she heard from the cockpit now. You better be sure about this...

"Fine! Give me a minute!"

"Be faster than that!" Bane growled, as the ship took one considerably more serious hit, though shields were still holding. She prepared for the transfer, not liking that every hit made the systems more unstable.