The Concept of Trust

This is now where the original story got its name, so we are at a certain turning point of their story after all the years that have passed on their mutual journey. I think that though I love to hint and imply things through small gestures this is closest to the romantic love story I can stir up ;).  

Well, there is a mention about the certain fragrance that is ...peculiar to Duros species. This was a cool detail I learned from @xinambercladx from Tumblr, and knowing that makes this chapter quite more meaningful. If you wish to check background info, here you go: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/xinambercladx/690690999654187008

Or a story she made where these are explained:  https://archiveofourown.org/works/40588122/chapters/101689191

-----

Bane put her down on the table, and started ripping off the gear to see the injuries. When he reached for the scanner to get the life signs, she suddenly gasped for air, rising to half-sitting position, and coughed when trying to get her breath flowing properly again after the blow.

Bane stared at her. She held her chest, but seemed to be quite much alive, and not seriously hurt. Both her armor, and the synthetic rib cage had done their job.

"...You fucking impetuous, hell-for-leather, irresponsible, foolish piece of druk...!" He exploded at her, fangs inches away from her face.

"I got those to protect you! Not to deliberately use yourself for damn target practice!"

Bane bolted out, cursing in durese, and left her to sit on the table.

It took some time before she came to the cockpit where Bane was sitting in his chair. She was wearing only technical undergear, and had been patching herself quite a bit in addition to the bandages over her chest now covered by the tank top. Bane grunted, when she touched his shoulder. She circled in front of him, ignoring the Duros' resentment, and without saying a word sat on his lap astride, face to face. Bane raised his head, his red eyes still blazing.

Her voice was low and calm.

"I think you didn't quite understand the whole concept of trust. It's not a one-way track. If I can ...do trust you to cover my back it is the same for you. You should understand that I do whatever I can to cover all the bases for you without questioning."

"I do not want you to cover my ass." Bane's voice was still angry, and the words came out with a hissing snarl.

"As you once said; It's not your decision. It's a two-way deal. Either you accept all that it brings, or not. There is no halfway, and you can only decide what you do. That's all."

She took Bane's hat off to see his face better, leaning towards him.

"If you tell me to go, I will. But if I stay you accept that I will do for you at least what you would do for me, and there's nothing you can do about it... So how's it gonna be?"

Bane didn't even answer the question.

"You are one unbelievably stubborn piece of work, did you know that?" He said, rising from the chair, lifting her, and walked towards the sleeping quarter.

"So does one particular bounty hunter keep telling me over, and over again." she answered, wrapping her legs around him.

"Fine. I will can you in the assault armor if you keep pulling out stunts like that again."

"Over my dead body."

"Don't start that again."

She was still having the top on, when the Duros carried her to the bunk, and was now kneeled behind her, grabbing her tightly, and sliding in when she sat on his lap, back against his chest. Bane was all over her, and she squirmed in pleasure when feeling his fangs nibbling her neck, hands wandering between her thighs and on her breasts, thrusting himself deeper in her. This time something was slightly different than usually. There was the mutual craving as always, but also something more than just the vehement lust. Bane's breath became heavier, and his hand wandered under her top, on her breasts and then to her chest. When his hand brushed over the bandages covering the blaster wounds, both his breathing, and his hand froze for a moment. Then, after a momentary delay Bane continued, but now grabbed her fiercely, and the thrusts were much harder, almost painfully penetrating her. She felt Bane burying his face on her neck. When trying to turn her head Bane grunted, and grabbed her tightly from the jaw, preventing it. This was something Bane did not want her to react to, and she gave him that choice, just reaching to stroke his head, running her fingers on the smooth metal plate, letting the Duros keep his privacy. He grabbed her like she would disappear otherwise, his face still buried on her neck as she rocked herself on his lap, bringing them both to the peak. She could smell a subtle fragrance of musk in the air.

Bane just stayed there, still holding her tightly, as if he did not want to deal with what might come next. She let him be there for a while, just stroking his head, but then locked his leg with her own, grabbing Bane from the neck and arm, and toppled the Duros on his side, her back still against his chest. Bane gave a surprised grunt when he felt falling over, and his whole body stiffened, as if he was concerned that she might return the favour from the med bay, and even affably mock him, or ask something he didn't want to answer. She had nothing of sorts in her mind, and just gently turned herself towards the Duros, pressing her face on his chest, wrapping her arm around him, and enjoying the lingering scent. She felt Bane relaxing slightly, and returning the gesture.

"I do trust you." Her voice was just a little bit more than a whisper.

"You damn well should," was a low, growling answer.