Stealing it back: Part VI / VI

Final chapter of the story arch!

------------------------------

Nevar watched after Poy, thinking if he wanted to say something about Her tastes with men, but then glanced toward the Dalcassian, and saw Her walking to him, Bane disappearing inside the ship.

"Leave R3 alone!" She shouted over Her shoulder, but the riled edge in Her voice was gone, and She was smiling at Nevar, spreading Her arms wide, like showing off the place.

"Welcome to the Outlaw's garage. One of the places in the galaxy where smugglers and other scum can get their ships and equipment fixed for a right price." She nodded towards the corridor where the Twi'lek had disappeared.

"I have known Poy for years. We have history way back before she was running this place. She was able to catch the message from the Empire's comms, that their transporter had been attacked and looted, but that raiders had gotten away. I knew then you got the job done." She was smiling, as if nothing had happened. As if everything had gone as planned. Nevar knew that look, and wasn't falling for it. She was trying to distract him from the subject She knew was coming.

"That's great, but why didn't you let us know you were all right? Surely there were ways to do that here." Nevar's voice was vexed, and now that he knew She was all right the frustration and anger raised heads in his mind. The man walked right in front of Her, so close She had to tilt Her head almost straight upwards.

"Because my own comms were fried, and I didn't want to hail you through any other channels in this situation... I just wanted to get my own comms and secured line working again, and then I was going to let you know tha-"

"You really didn't think for a second to inform us right away?" Now Nevar's hand lifted Her jaw, his frustration discernible. She gritted Her teeth, and slapped his hand away. "Don't you start too... Bane already hauled me over the coals for that." She took a couple of steps back, staring back at the mercenary, and sighed.

"Honestly, no. I didn't think you'd be too concerned, as there was no debris there. I hadn't blown up, and I really thought that I'd get the comms repaired much faster." She dodged Nevar's ired stare before changing the subject completely with a devil-may-care tone.

"...Aaaanyway! Look at my poor ship! She is not in a good shape, It was not one of my smoothest landings.. I have to leave her here for now." She still avoided Nevar's eyes, and the anger in the man's voice was hardly kept at bay anymore.

"You know, Bane is right about one thing. You are infuriating sometimes."

She dodged the subject again, turning Her full attention to Nevar's injuries, and sneered.

"You two koochoos just had to end up at each other's throats... I don't even pretend to be surprised."

Nevar winced, when She brushed Her fingers on his swollen temple, examining how serious the injury was.

"Bane told me that you started the ruckus."

"And I would have ended it without his gadgets," Nevar snorted.

Bane emerged from the Dalcassian, his cheek already showing signs of healing. He watched Her examining Nevar, and snarled from the distance;

"Don't even consider wasting bacta on the big guy. If it was up to him we'd have the whole Empire here snooping on our tail."

"You fractured his temporal bone, Bane." Her voice was sharp, as She felt the bone grinding under Her fingers, and Nevar grunted in pain.

"I did?" Bane's voice was suddenly delighted. "Best news for today."