It's Your Fault

Over a year had passed since they had hunted the Chiss. Bane arrived at the landing bay of the spaceport she was currently at, and saw the Dalcassian on the other side of the area. Approaching, he could hear the sounds of combat, shouts, grunts and thuds. Bane frowned and hurried his steps towards a small fenced yard area behind the Dalcassian. When he came into view he saw that she was fighting with someone ...Aurra? Bane froze in his steps. What the hell..? Neither of them had any weapons, they fought bare-handed and it did not seem either was going for the kill so Bane stayed behind the wall and watched them, wondering what was going on. He didn't feel like revealing to Aurra that he was here, better that no one knew.

He watched them exchanging blows. She wasn't bad, not at all, but Aurra was just too good. She landed on her back or was hit to the ground again and again, grunting and always getting up, just to end up there repeatedly. Stubborn. Doesn't know when to stop or when she's defeated, Bane thought, yet he couldn't quite deny that he felt some sense of admiration toward her attitude he had come to know over the years. After almost half an hour she finally raised her palm as a sign she had had enough. Then, after collecting herself for a moment, she got up and handed a chip to Aurra who merely nodded, said something Bane could not hear and left.

She went to sit on the bench, poured water and threw a towel over her head. She massaged her shoulder and grunted when Bane walked to her.

"What was that?" Bane was curious, though he tried to hide it behind an indifferent tone.

"We have a deal. I collect intel for her when needed and she spars me."

"I would not call that sparring, more like getting beaten up."

She ignored Bane's mocking tone and gave him a sly smile.

"What sense would it make to spar with someone who isn't better than me? With Aurra I can throw all in without having to hold back."

"Lady, If you just want to get your ass kicked I can do that."

"If I remember correctly you once said, that fighting someone without opponent ending up dead or incapacitated is waste of time... I rather stay alive and be able to function." She grinned widely at Bane who sneered at her words.

"I might make an exception with you."

"How nice of you. Maybe I'll stick with Aurra to be sure."

She got up and started walking towards the Dalcassian.

"Are we leaving tomorrow as planned?"

"Yeah, everything is set if you have the info I asked for."

"All done, don't fret. I can do my part." She was still rubbing her shoulder and side.

"You can't if you get yourself beaten up before the mission."

She spun around, a familiar annoyance in her eyes.

"How about you let me decide what I can do or not?"

"Lady, I would be Koochoo to trust your judgement in these matters. Do I have to remind you of some of your previous "I am all right'' remarks back in the years?"

She was still glaring Bane eyes narrowed, thinking how to respond, but unable to contradict what the Duros had said. She had a habit of ignoring injuries.

"...Just let me check those bruises. Make sure you are good to go and not a chink in the armor..." Bane gave her a slanted grin seeing her eyes blaze for a second. He knew how she hated if her capability or competence were questioned and he liked to stir her occasionally. First it seemed she would retaliate at Bane's comment, but then just squinted her eyes and looked at him probingly.