The prison ecape

Bane had been in prisons several times, but this time he was actually worried. Though he had worked for the separatists, and then for the Empire there had never been anything official, and as some of his contracts clashed with the Empire's interests there was always a warrant for his head too. This was not his idea this time to end up in this hole, and it seemed they had learned a thing or two from his previous escapes during the Republic era. The security measures were much stricter than before. Not a chance to get out of the cell block area, and even less to the crematorium. On top of that he was told that he was to be transferred to a prison compound on Kessel and for all he knew that place was nearly impossible to escape. Bane cursed his bad luck of running into that stormtrooper squad in the place he had no possibility to get out or use his gear effectively enough. It hadn't been a good day either for the troopers, nor for him. Half of that squad weren't gonna to bill out their paychecks anymore, but one of those kriffing stunning bolts had gotten him before he could finish the rest. He grunted. It still bothered him that he had lost to the Storm troopers. They were just a shadow of Jango's clones, and none of them had ever been able to live up to their progenitor's qualities, and he had never lost to the clones either. Bane sighed. Maybe I'm getting old.

Almost two Months passed, and Bane had to admit his options were pretty thin. He might have a chance to escape while being transferred to another prison, but otherwise his release was in the hands of someone important, or rich enough needing his services so badly they would arrange him out. He also didn't like being on the mercy of the Empire to keep him locked away before possibly needing him. It was a narrow chance, and Bane did not like to rely on it. His best chance was the transfer.

Then the day came, and to his frustration both hand- and leg cuffs were fastened. Bane cursed in his mind. This did not make things any easier. He was taken to port where four troopers were already waiting next to a small prisoner transfer ship. Four to one was fair odds to Bane, maybe even if unarmed, but in cuffs... He sneered unhappily. This is not gonna be easy, if even possible. The formalities were finished, and the troopers, led by a sergeant, took him into their custody. Bane assessed their body language, and did not like it one bit. Their formation was efficient, they kept their distance, and there were no blindsides towards him. Great... This gets better and better, he thought sarcastically and groaned. It seemed that these were no rookies. They entered the ship, and Bane was seated on a metallic chair in the back of the cockpit, and his handcuffs were attached to the chair. But, there was no place to attach the leg cuffs. Bane smirked. It was a small chance, but better than nothing.

He watched the troopers take their places. Sergeant and the second trooper took the piloting chairs. Third one positioned next to the wall facing the Duros, but the fourth... There Bane saw his chance. The trooper was pacing around, being visibly restless. A weak link. Good. Then the preparations were finished, and the ship took off. The fourth trooper was visibly excited.

"That went well!" the trooper exclaimed.

"Hold it rookie, the mission is not over yet," the sergeant on the pilot's chair exclaimed. Bane had heard that voice countless times. A Clone. They were getting rare nowadays. "We need to get to the light speed, and it will take some navigation out of orbit before we can make a jump."

Bane watched the fourth trooper closely. First mission, eh? he thought. Might be your last... The sarge was concentrating on steering the ship, but turned around when hearing the trooper pacing behind him, and Bane knew even without seeing the clone's face that he understood what was just about to happen. Bane grinned unpleasantly at him. Simultaneously, the sergeant yelled at the trooper close to Bane "Step away!" as Bane exerted himself, stretching his cuffed legs acrobatically with a smooth movement over the trooper's head, locking the chain between his legs tightly around his neck and pulling the man backwards, toppling him over on his feet. He was able to yank him so that he got his blaster rifle in his hands, and let out a sharp laugh. Unfortunately, his hand cuffs were fastened to the chair too tightly, preventing him from operating and aiming the gun effectively. He grunted as he saw from the corner of his eye the standing trooper to raise his blaster. Bane would have gladly just put bolts into everybody's head, but the damn cuffs prevented it, and he knew the other trooper would get him before that, so he did the next best thing, and aimed the blaster at the trooper on his feet. Bane smirked as the sarge bolted out of the chair. shouting;