Not the best of days

It wasn't one of Bane's best days, far from it. Hell, it wasn't the best of Months. His side still stung after Vesch's mission he had on Tatooine. There's probably some shrapnel left, should have gotten it checked.... And, now, his cuffed wrists ached, as he was hanging from the roof, and all his body throbbed in pain after the continuous beating and electro-shocks he had received. He tasted blood in his throat and nostrils, as his breathing tubes had been forcefully teared away, and were now laying in the same heap somewhere with his other gear, comm device, weapons and clothes. The room was extremely cold, and he resisted the urge to shiver. Suddenly, a splash of ice-cold water was thrown on him, and he gasped by reflex. Druk. He had been playing unconscious to give himself a moment's rest from the showering blows. Oh, hell... Bane raised his head, and met the gaze of a Phindian he knew all too well from the past; Moralo Eval.

The Phindian was having a smug, vicious grin on his face. He took the full pleasure of Bane's helpless situation.

"You should have known better than trying to steal from Moralo Eval," the Phindian snarled, watching Bane upwards, so close the Duros could see his yellowing teeth, and smell his breath. He sneered.

Bane had always hated how the man talked about himself in the third person. His thoughts traced a few hours back. He had known there was someone in charge of the group of eloquent blackmailers working in Coruscant's underworld, but he hadn't even remotely thought it could have been Eval. Then, his thoughts wandered further in the past. The last time he had seen him was all those years back in the Republic's prison, where they had been taken after that- Bane grunted, cutting off his own thoughts. He didn't like to think about that mission, nor how Kenobi had deceived him. Eval had conceitedly told Bane, after he had caught him, how "No prison could ever hold Moralo Eval," and even though Bane did no like the Phindian, he had to give him credit for being extremely intelligent and resourceful. The name "criminal mastermind" was an earned nickname, but now this guy was even more deranged than back then. An inch from being a complete nutcase, and Bane felt uneasy.

Bane and her had gotten a job to get back all the materials that had been used to blackmail one of the Hutt's important affiliates, a Nikto trader, and The Hutts had made it their interest to do the poor sod a favour. Out of the frying pan, into the fire, getting in debt to the Hutts, Bane thought. They had tracked down the center of the blackmail operations to Coruscant, and to the certain location in the Underworld, but she had been discontented, as there was too little information to be found.

"Whoever is leading them is good. I can find us enough information through the other members of the group to pinpoint where we must go, but there is nothing, nothing about who their leader is, though everything points to that there is someone." She had thrown her datapad on the table with a vexed look on her face.

They had still proceeded with the plan, finding the location on the lower levels, agreeing that Bane and Todo would try to get in, and find the logging point that could be used to find the data they needed. The astromech had successfully opened the codelock of the hatch, and they had entered the building. All had been silent. They had found a room with a computer interface, and Todo had started to try to get into the systems, when they had been disrupted by a voice through the internal comm. A too familiar voice. A too familiar Phindian.

"Well, well, well... What do we have here? Cad Bane himself? The stars are indulging Moralo Eval today."

At the same time the doors to the room opened, and several security guards bashed in. Bane pulled his blaster, but was too slow, and was hit with several stun batons at the same time. He growled in pain, and saw from the corner of his eye Todo getting the same treatment, droid's pale eyes flickering for a moment before shutting down due to the overload to its circuits. Then the world went black, and when the bounty hunter woke up he was hanging from the roof, ass naked, and shivering in the freezing cold room. I hate cold. Why it has to be cold?