Going undercover

"How'd you feel about giving a hunt another shot?" She appeared behind Bane's back who was sitting at the table and maintaining his blasters.

"What hunt, lady? What are you talking about?"

"The one which you decided to keep all the details to yourself over five years ago, and ended up being hunted for a week through the Middle rim by the security forces of those three diplomat families." You could hear she was grinning.

"Lady, you still owe me days for that one... Don't push your luck." Bane's tone was growling, but there was ever so slight smirk on his face, though he wasn't raising his eyes off the blaster when calibrating the pulse adaptors.

"After all these years that Chagrian senator's cousin is still having a bounty on his head. Only, the reward has doubled now. I wonder what that poor sod has done."

"Doubled, you say? You got my interest, lady. What do you have in mind?" Now Bane finally turned around, cocking and releasing the safety of his blaster next to his ear, nodding approvingly to the smooth click it made.

"I've been doing some intel already. Brella, the Chagrian family we want, is arranging a huge fund-raiser event for "the victims of war" in Coruscant, and most of the socialites have been invited there. If we could infiltrate that party there's a good chance we could capture and smuggle our target out."

"...You have been preparing this quite a bit already, haven't you? Without telling me?"

"Well if it ain't the Quacta calling the Stifling slimy!" She chuckled, and Bane sneered.

"What if I say no? The last attempt wasn't actually a pleasure, though the aftermath was." Bane grinned now widely.

"You don't need to play hard to get. Your tone already gave away that you wouldn't let anyone else share that reward with me."

"You know me too well, lady."

"Are you kriffing kidding me!?" Bane growled right at her face a few days later when she returned, and started to go through the plan.

"...Just hear me out." She stepped in front of Bane, who was about to storm out of the Dalcassian.

"No, lady. Your plan makes no karking sense. It's ludicrous!" Still, Bane didn't try to shove her out of his way, but just stood in front of her. towering over her as she stared up at the bounty hunter's blue, growling face. This was a dance they repeated every now and then, clashing horns, but eventually hearing out what the other had to say.

"How about you listen more of my plan, than just the first sentences, hmm?" She passed Bane, and went to sit, nodding her head towards the empty chair. Bane just turned around and leaned on the wall.

"Make it worth it first."

She sighed. "When I said that we are going there as guests I wasn't kidding. That is the best option. They are doing extensive checks on all of their staff, but the quest procedure is much more ...lenient. Getting inside unauthorized is next to impossible, so we can count out getting there by force, or just sneaking in."

"Lady, they have my face and information in their database after my last attempt. They will recognize me as soon as I step on the grounds, so there goes your plan."

"Not anymore." She grinned smugly, enjoying the passing astonishment on Bane's face. "Bitter former employees having gambling habits to feed are a treasury of information. You are squeaky clean in their records, and there's no staff working at the ball who were chasing you then."