It comes back to bite you: Part V / VI

Nevar approached the cells. Bane was sitting on the metal bunk, and eyeing the towering, colossal man as well as other mercs, assessing the situation.

"I take it from here, you can go," Nevar nodded to others. Then turned his attention to Bane after there was no one but them.

"You are lucky She'll survive. I might have not cared about the triple payment your ass is worth alive otherwise."

Bane leaned to the wall as comfortably as he could with the attached cuffs.

*Tsk* Bane made a disapproving sound, smirking at the merc. "Quite unprofessional to get riled about a work accident..." He wanted to poke the man to get a better picture of what he was up against, and see what pushed his buttons.

Nevar didn't answer, just stared at the Duros with a baleful gleam in his eyes which already gave Bane an answer.

"So where are you getting this handsome payment?" Bane continued unperturbedly.

"You will see soon enough."

Bane knew he didn't need the information, She had already told him, but he wanted to see how the man reacted.

"Let me quess... It's the same one who hired me to this railroaded fake mission that led right into Womp rat's den. Aman Roosh..."

Nevar gave a surprised, curt grin. "Smart guy. Yeah, it really doesn't matter if you know. You'll meet her soon enough, and will be taken out of our hands." Nevar glanced at Bane again, his eyes still blazing, fists clenched.

"I had known some of those you shot today for a long time."

Bane grinned widely, trying to annoy the man outside his cell. If you get in, I will finish this much faster...

"So it's your fault they are either dead, dying, or shot. You shouldn't have brought dung worms into Gundark fight." Bane's voice was as mocking as his toothy smile.

Nevar's fist hitting the cell door, made a booming sound that resonated around the room, and for a moment Bane hoped he would lose it, and bash into the cell, but the man was just staring at him, and growling between his teeth.

"You are lucky that the price we're being paid for delivering you alive is very generous for a chuff-sucking leech like you."

Bane grinned widely, his fangs bared, getting into an even more laid-back position on the bunk.

"You wouldn't even have me here if it wasn't for Her, big guy." Bane leaned forwards, and grinned tauntingly at the man.

Nevar was holding his breath, hardly restraining himself, and then just nodded towards the other end of the room where the body bags of the fallen mercs were lying.

"No, I would have you back there in a bucket next to the rest... If She hadn't shot you I'd have blown you into pieces."

Bane raised his eyebrows. "So that's what you had decided..."

Nevar turned around. His fists were still clenched, and the man's huge back was tensed up. It was obvious he wanted to do anything else, but walk away. Still, he did just that, only calling one of the mercs back.

Bane leaned back disappointed. He would have preferred to have his hands on him, but the man had not bought it. So, not so stupid as I had hoped... Just have to wait and see then... He wanted to know who was behind all this.

In five days they arrived in Corellia. She would have liked to exchange more words with Bane, but Nevar had ordered that there was always to be two guards at the same time, so She didn't even have a chance to do that, and She definitely did not want to risk it that anyone would notice anything. Not now. No one went into Bane's cell, everything was handled via the hatch on the wall. Nevar wasn't taking any chances. The Duros didn't make more than a fleeting, deadpan eye contact with Her during the days, and it bothered Her that She wasn't sure if it was because he did not want to risk anything either, or because- ...I don't want to think about this. Just get this mess sorted out, and fix what you started.