Dancing with Your Ghost (CH)

Earth 29
Cassie's View

"Why did God have to take her from me?" I ask.

Yelling at the sky
Screaming at the world
Baby, why'd you go away?

"I can't answer that but just know that see loved you. I barely talked to her but whenever I did, it was all about you." Maddy says.

I'm still your girl

"We knew her health was getting worse. Doctors didn't even know what was wrong. We were all slowly letting go but you held on tighter and that's okay." Maddy says.

Holding on too tight

"I just hope she's finally in peace up there. I hope she can finally stop holding her breath and no longer be in pain." I say as tears fill my eyes.

Head up in the clouds
Heaven only knows where you are now

"She is." Maddy says putting her arm around me.

Time Skip

I go downstairs and stare at the floor.

"Don't fucking die on me!" Tommy says giving Y/n CPR.

"She's gone." Mom says.

Tommy starts to cry and he holds Y/n's hand. He sniffles and finishes closing her eyes.

She was inside by herself for 3 minutes and we didn't hear her asking for help. She could've had a chance if we did.

She beat cancer, she beat getting in a car accident, she beat being on life support while being fed through a tube — she beat everything. Everything but this. I don't even know what this is.

Y/n was the only person who was always Team Cassie. She was the only person who wouldn't ever judge me. How can I move on when she was the best thing that ever happened to me?

How do I love, how do I love again?
How do I trust, how do I trust again?

I feel a hand touch my shoulder and I look behind me.

"You okay?" Lexi asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"You should get some sleep, you have to go to the funeral home with Y/n's mom in the morning." Lexi says.

I stay up all night,

"Don't worry about me." I say.

tell myself I'm alright

Lexi hugs me and I smile. She goes upstairs and I sit on the couch.

I see someone walk past and I look around.

"You can't get rid of me bitch. I'm not going no fucking where." Y/n says walking around the corner.

Baby, you're just harder to see than most

I smile and Y/n sits on the couch. I grab my phone and play music.

I put the record on, wait 'til I hear our song

"This is it, this is my fucking jam." Y/n says standing up.