Why are you here

Meanwhile in Birmingham...

Polly sat in a circle in a dark room a few candles illuminated the table again

'Let's begin,' the woman said 'hands on the table' and the group put both hands palms down on the table. 'so it looks like we have two new pilgrims joining us, let's welcome them' she nodded to Polly and another woman. 'Who is it you are seeking to reach?' she asked

'My husband,' the woman said 'he was taken by the influenza six months ago. I tried to reach him through another woman, Mrs. Breacher but she kept getting his name wrong.'

'We do not talk about Mrs. breacher in this house, she is in unsanctified charlatan.' The woman in charge told her and then she looked to polly. 'And who do you seek?' she asked politely.

'Well truthfully I don't even know if she's dead,' Polly told them 'so I came to find out. You see my son and my two daughters were taken from me when they were very small, they were taken from me by the authorities and I never knew what happened to them but lately I have had a feeling... a sort of feeling... a bad feeling I can't put it into words,' Polly told them 'and I keep having this dream. I see it a girl about 18 years old she's staring across the street and she tells me she has passed over. And now my daughter would've been 19 this year on May 15. And this girl has dark eyes like mine and she shouts, she shouts and she tells me she wants to talk to me because I am her mother.' Polly told them wiping a tear away from her eye. 'And I don't even know what name they gave her after they stole her from me but if she does want to say goodbye I thought this would be the place.'

'You are wearing a black Madonna... you're a gypsy?'

'The part of me that dreams is Gypsy.' Polly confirmed

'I am a gypsy too,' she said in gypsy tongue 'may I ask your name?'

'My maiden name is Shelby.' Polly told her wiping at more tears 'so perhaps you could do me first?' she questioned pulling herself together

When she was done with the séance Polly ran out of the room in a fit of rage and sadness screaming no crying out no into the empty streets holding herself, for her daughter, her youngest daughter Anna had died. She had two more children that were alive and hopefully well. But she lost one.

++++++++

'I'm headed to London for a bit,' Tommy told Polly as he got ready. Polly just nodded knowing at her lip, before lighting a cigarette. 'Pol... whats wrong?' Tommy asked putting his bag down.

'nothing, I'm fine.' Pol took another anxious drag.

'you've got that look on your face. so tell me so I can fix it Pol.' Tommy encouraged.

'alright, do you remember the time I told you about my children?' pol sat down at Tommys desk. Tommy nodded 'I want to find my children.' Polly told tommy.

'Anna and michael?'

'Yes. But also amelia.'

'Amelia?' Tommy questioned

'She was taken from me years ago. She has a 24th birthday coming up.' Polly told him.

'I didnt know you had a third child,' tommy told her

'She was a beautiful baby but she was taken from me immediately. Then years later i had michael and anna and they were taken from me as well... Tommy i want them back. I need them back. Michael is almost 18. Please tommy. Help me find them!' Polly begged. 'Amelia and Michael.... I need them!'

'of course pol, that's wonderful I would love to help., what about Anna?'

'shes no longer with the living.' Pol said solemnly.

'oh pol, I'm so sorry... you once said that God takes the best first so try and think like that alright?' tommy looked at his watch. 'I have to go but when I get back... we find your kids Polly.'

'right toms here,' Arthur said as tommy stepped out of the car.

'john!' tommy yelled trying to find his brother.

'7 o'clock 12 o'clock 10 if I'm still sober... I got it from the doctor.' Arhtur said drinking a vial. 'keeps me nice and calm.' Arthur said very calmly.

'same thing they gave us in the trenches to stop us from fucking wanking.' Tommy said smelling the liquid.

'polly said its good for me temper. It slows me down.' Arthur went on.

'arthur there is something that polly doesn't understand. I need you fast not slow. Eh?'

'she wouldn't let go of me fucking sleeve' john said zipping up his pants.

'bet that's not all she wouldn't let go of.' Arthur joked.

'you know shes against this tom. Shes got opinions.' John told them.

'get in the fucking car.' Arthur told john.

'shut the fuck up.' John said getting in.

'right!' Arthur said once in. 'the peaky blinders are going on a fucking holiday!'