Elizabeth Gray

Meanwhile in birmingham...

After the grand reopening of the Garision polly had gone a little bit crazy and came stumbling home hung over after a long night. She walked down the cobblestone streets her heels clicking as she fiddled with her coat. When she finally made it home she saw a boy, a young man, boy standing on her door step, waiting for her.

'Excuse me I'm looking for someone called Elizabeth Gray.' He told her looking her over as she approached. 'I was told she lived here at number 17...' the boy said removing his hat as Polly pulled her keys from her purse she looked him over. 'I came here last night but no one was here' he told her 'so I waited...'

'What do you want with Elizabeth gray?' polly questioned

'I think she might be my mother,' Michael told her and Polly looked him over her keys falling from her hands. Slowly Michael got down picking up the keys and putting the key in the door it opened. She stared at him this was her son. He was here right in front of her Tommy promised her and here he was.

+++++

Polly brought Michael to her new house the one she had gotten as a birthday present from Tommy and the boys.

'That was great, well done, get out then.' she told Michael as he had driven them. They got out of the car walking up to the house they looked at it from the sidewalk. 'This house is mine.' she told him proudly 'I've taken on a maid, she's made of a big room for you. Come on let's have a look,' she said tossing her cigarette aside as they walked up the steps. Once inside Michael looked around. 'I thought we could spend the week here.' Polly told him 'you know get to know each other... Again.' she offered as Michael sat down she didn't know how to act. 'I've got ham. Do you like ham?'

'I like ham, yes.' Michael agreed awkwardly.

'I've got a maid...' polly said standing in the living room anxiously.

'Yes you said that.' Michael told her

'She's upstairs. She could give us some tea?' polly suggested not knowing how to act around this man, that was her son. 'look I ring this bell watch...' she rang the bell and footsteps could be heard approaching.

'Yes madam?' She asked, Polly smiled happily but she didn't know what to say she had never had a maid before. A son and a maid, she was at a loss.

'I think we'd like some tea' Michael told her. And she walked away to fetch them some tea. Polly stood awkwardly. 'You get used to it.' Michael told her.