In her blood

Camden town...

'Happy birthday!' Ollie said bringing in a cake a few candles littered the surface.

'Ollie!' Livy said smiling at the creation. 'This is beautiful. Thank you.'

'Make a wish sweetie.' She closed her eyes and blew out the candles. 'What did you wish for?' There was a knock at the door

'Damn if that worked...' livy said prancing off to get the door while ollie cut the cake. 'Mr solomons.' Livy smiled up at him biting at her lip

'Ello gorgeous i heard it was your birthday,' alfie said in that gruff and wonderful voice of his.

'And you came to stay...' she prompted

'Happy birthday kitten.' Alfie handed over a box she took it happily.

'Wont you come in?' Livy said holing open the door for him.

'With pleasure kitten,' alfie said stepping inside

'Ollie look who stopped by!' Livy said happily. 'Can i take your coat mr solomons?'

'Thank you kitten and alfie is fine,' he assured her. She put down the box and picked up his coat. Hanging it on the hook it smelled like rum.

'Ollie you make this cake at the bakery?' Alfie questioned looking it over

'Yes sir.' Ollie said nervously 'i didnt want livy to see it beforehand.' He informed alfie.

'You like surprises kitten?' Alfie turned his attention to livy.

'Love em!' she confirmed smiling at alfie as she sat next to her brother.

'Open your present kitten,' alfie told her and she moved her plate aside licking the frosting from her finger alfie smirked watching her. She pulled out a little black dress.

'Oh alfie... this is too much,' she told him.

'Nah its nothing. Will you wear it? To dinner with me? Saturday night?' Alfie questioned

'Alfie?' Ollie questioned hesitantly. What was he doing?

'Are you asking me out?' Livy questioned

'I am. Would you like to go out to dinner with me?' Alfie confirmed.

'I would.' She confirmed.

'Will you wear the dress?' Alfie questioned

'I will.' She smiled at him before putting the dress neatly back in the box. 'Thank you Alfie.'

'No, Thank you kitten,' he told her ollie sat confused and frustrated. No. Alfie couldnt. Not with his sister. His baby sister! No. No. No! Livy took a bit of cake.

'Really good Ol,' she told him licking her lips.

'Thanks sweetie.' Ollie said distracted as his boss so blatantly looked his sister over. His eyes roaming her frame.

'So you always live with your brother?' Alfie asked

'Pretty much when our parents adopted me when I was little only a month or two old and he's been taking care of me ever since. I lived with a friend for a bit but I like it here with Ollie better.' Livy said smiling over at her brother.

'I thought she was a doll at first,' ollie admitted. 'I carried around upside down for a little while.' He smiled at his sister. 'she let me do anything and she was already smiling and laughing.

'Shut up you did not!' livy said laughing

'Yes I did I thought you were fake you didn't cry, you didn't fuss and you let me do whatever I want it to you I carried you around by your ankles when you got older.' Ollie informed her.

'Shut up you're the worst brother ever!' Livy said laughing.

'Mom and dad didn't say a thing they thought it was cute that we were bonding.' Ollie told her.

'Oh my gosh our parents were terrible! they are awful worst in the world!' Livy exclaimed a smile on her lips.

'You liked it' ollie told her.

'I was a baby I don't remember' livy told him. 'hanging my upside down...' she scoffed.

'I'm telling you, you like being carried around upside down.' Ollie told her.

'That's probably why I like hanging upside down at the park on the trees.' livy remarked.

'Probably,' Ollie admitted. 'maybe your birth parents were from the circus.' Ollie suggested.

'I can't believe you never told me that!' Livy exclaimed.

'Yeah I'm gonna tell you that I carried you around upside down swing you around like a ragdoll for your first three years of life.' Ollie told her.

'Three years!' she exclaimed 'you really are awful!'

'You just said you liked my cake, I thought I was the best brother ever?' Ollie reminded her.

'I said it was really good I never said best brother ever.' Alfie watch the two of them they bickered like true siblings like real blood.

'you know anything about your real family?' he questioned

'Ollie is my real family.' Livy corrected. 'but my blood? Nope. And I didn't care to know until now. Now!!' she emphasized looking at Ollie, 'Now I am a bit concerned. Who knew the house I grew up in was so screwed up?'

'Again you were a happy child,' ollie told her laughing. 'Livy used to make up stories about where she came from.' Ollie went on hoping to embarrass livy enough that alfie might be swayed away but from the smile on alfies face he didn't think it was likely.

'Now that I know what you put me through-'

'Again, I thought you were a doll.' Ollie repeated.

'I am going with my parents were circus freaks.' Livy told them. 'maybe one day I could ride an elephant and be thrown into the air soaring above a stadium of people, cheering my name!' livy said laughing.

'you like an audience?' Alfie questioned.

'Livy is quite the performer. She probably does have circus in her blood.' Ollie agreed.