chapter one: family video

8:35 AM and Steve honks outside as you rush to put your shoes on.

"I'M COMING" you yell out the window.

"WE'RE ALREADY LATE Y/N" Steve yells back.

You're starting a job at Family Video today and completely forgot to reset your alarm. Luckily the manager isn't there today and Robin covered for you while Steve went to pick you up.

You get into Steve's car and he slams the gas pedal before you're even able to put your seatbelt on.

"Jesus christ Harrington you're gonna get me killed!" you exclaim while putting on your seatbelt.

"Well if someone would've woken up on time we wouldn't have that issue would we?" Steve says, annoyed. "You know you're lucky the manager isn't there today, you would be fired on the spot y/n and it's barely your first day. I don't want you to mess up this gig, you really need the money."

"I know Steve and I won't

"I know Steve and I won't. Now that I'm starting the job I'll make it a routine to set up my alarm the night before, I promise!" you say smiling.

He smiles back and responds "Alright, I'm trusting you."

Steve, Robin, and you became pretty close friends last summer, you worked with him and Robin at Scoops Ahoy and ended up getting tangled into the whole saving the world thing with them. After being drugged and trapped by Russians, all while trying to defeat the mind flayer with someone it's pretty inevitable that you become best friends afterwards. Plus it was nice having Steve to hang out with while the rest of the friend group was at school. After all, you two were the only ones that recently graduated high school and didn't leave Hawkins.

Arriving at Family Video we rush in to help Robin with the long line of customers.
"Finally! I can go on my break now!" Robin says as we walk behind the counter. As she goes to take off her vest she notices Vickie walk in with Fast Times in her hands, ready to return. "On second thought, it is really busy I think I'll go on break in like fifteen minutes?" Robin says with flushed cheeks.

 "On second thought, it is really busy I think I'll go on break in like fifteen minutes?" Robin says with flushed cheeks

Time passes and the shift ends.

"Oh I'm so glad tomorrow's my day off" Steve says. "What do you mean tomorrow's your day off? Isn't y/n off tomorrow?" Robin responds.
Confused, Steve checks the schedule. "Shit! I'm supposed to pick up Henderson from D&D tomorrow!"
"I can pick him up! I haven't seen that little guy since our last day at Scoops! I miss him!" You tell Steve.
"Are you sure? I can always call in sick." Steve says.
"Uhh no you can't! I'm not working alone again, no way!" Robin tells Steve.
"I'm sure Steve. What's the club called again?" You ask Steve.
"Hellfire. I'll let him know you're gonna be the one taking him home." Steve says.
"Thank you y/n!" Robin says.
"Of course!" you respond.