chapter nineteen: daydreaming

You walk into Family Video with a big smile.
"Someone's happy!" Robin says.
"Mhm ask my boyfriend why." you say smiling.
"No way! What?! Steve JUST updated me on your first date and now you're together!?" Robin says.
"You're together?!" Steve says as he walks in.
"We kissed last night and he asked me to be his girlfriend." you say smiling.

Robin and Steve gush over Eddie and you but you zone out and just daydream about Eddie the whole time. In fact, it's like that your entire shift. You think about how it felt when his lips touched yours and how his hands were gentle yet firm on your waist. You even thought of when you ALMOST kissed on his couch; how gently he was touching your face before he leaned in. You think about cuddling him during the movie and how his scent is intoxicating to you. Mostly you think about how it'll be the next time you see him. Will he call you names? Will those kisses remain constant? You try to stay in the present but really you're just excited to see him again.

"Y/n it's for you." Steve says smiling with the phone in his hand. You jog over to the phone smiling.
"Hii." you say.
"Hey sweetheart how's it going?" Eddie says.
You blush at "sweetheart". "I'm doing good, missing you." you say.
"Awe well I have a solution for that." he says.
"What is it?" you say.
"Come over after your shift?"he says.
"Ok! See you then!" you say excitedly.
"Alright baby I'll see you soon. Feel free to let yourself in when you get here ok?" he says.
"Ok!" you say before hanging up.
"Going somewhere?" Steve says.
"Mhm I'm driving to Eddie's after work." you say.

You get to Eddie's place and walk inside, locking the door behind you.
"Eddie? I'm here!" you say as you walk towards his room. You hear the shower running while you sit on his bed. It stops.
Eddie walks in wearing only his boxers and a towel wrapped around his neck. His hair and body is still dripping wet from the shower and you can't help but blush at the view. You saw him like this at the lake but it wasn't until now that you paid attention.
"Hey beautiful I didn't hear you come in." he says as he walks towards you and gives you a soft kiss on the forehead. He reaches over you to get the clothes he left on his bed; you thought he was gonna kiss you so you're left with butterflies.
"Hey handsome. What do you have planned for us tonight?" you ask smiling.
"Well since I owe you a meal from the bet yesterday, I was thinking I'd order us a pizza and we'll hang out here tonight?" he asks while putting his clothes on.
"Ok!" you say.
"Yeah? We can always go out if you would prefer to." he says.
"I'd prefer staying in with you this time." you say smiling.
"Ok baby." he leaves a soft kiss on your lips before walking to his phone to order the pizza.

He comes back into the room once the pizza is ordered and jumps into bed laying down. He pulls you down with him to cuddle. You laugh.

You talk for a while as he strokes your arms with his fingertips. He plays with your hair while telling you jokes and you feel completely safe. You roll over on his arm so that you're facing him and go in for a kiss. One kiss turns into one long kiss and the next thing you know you're making out again. Eddie slowly switches positions from being under you to hovering over you while you kiss. Your hand is caressing his back while his is on your lower waist, slowly moving up.
The doorbell rings.
"God that really needs to stop happening." Eddie says with a smile. You laugh.

Both of you make your way to his kitchen to eat the newly delivered pizza. Once you're done eating and conversing, you kiss Eddie goodnight and drive yourself home.

You're left to wonder what would've happened if the pizza guy was late.