chapter twenty-five: vecna's curse

You sit in Mike's basement. Eddie is holding your hand and you're comforting each other as the kids explain what's happening.

"We found Chrissy...in the woods." Eleven says.
"We got Chrissy's file from the school therapist. It claims she was seeing things...things that involve the Upside Down." Max says.
"I think it's killing its victims in the same way Vecna does. When Chrissy was found she was mutilated in a way that a human couldn't do. We think she was killed with magic." Mike says.
"And if this monster really is like Vecna...that means with every kill he'll get stronger." Will says.
"This isn't the biggest problem. Where Chrissy was killed...there was a gate near her body. We think Vecna is opening gates with each kill he gets." Dustin says.

"So what are we gonna do?" Eddie says

"We have to stop him before he gets another kill. We don't know how many are left before..."Nancy says.
"Before...?" you say.
"Before he successfully opens more gates and Hawkins becomes the Upside Down." Nancy says.

Robin pulls up a notebook.
"Nancy and I are gonna go talk to Victor Creel. We think he's somehow connected to Vecna's first victim." Robin says.
"Dustin, Max, Lucas, and I are gonna explore more of Chrissy's file at school." Steve says.
"El, Argyle, Jonathan, and I are gonna make sure El has her powers under control." Mike says.
"Can you and Eddie explore Skull Rock to see if there's any clues we missed when she was found?" Robin asks you.
"Yeah we'll go." you say

Eddie and you walk through the woods to get to Skull Rock.
"You know I used to know Chrissy." Eddie says.
"Really?" you say.
"Yeah we were in the middle school talent show together. I used to have a bit of a crush on her back then." he says smiling.
"Awe what happened?" you ask.
"Well she got sucked into popularity and cheer so we haven't talked since. It's still surreal that she's gone now, I don't really believe it." Eddie says.
"Yeah she seemed sweet." you say.

You look down and you're still scared over everything that's happening. You thought you saw the last of the Upside Down when the Mind Flayer was defeated.
"Hey it's gonna be ok hun." Eddie says with a smile to comfort you while grabbing your arm.

"But what if it isn't? What if we can't kill it this time? I mean from what you taught me about Vecna he isn't very forgiving

"But what if it isn't? What if we can't kill it this time? I mean from what you taught me about Vecna he isn't very forgiving." you say.
"But you've fought it before. You can do it again." he says.

You keep walking until you find Skull Rock. You have to be sneaky because there's detectives examining the scene.
"Step over there." Eddie whispers and you go.
He steps over too.
"Is that the gate?" Eddie says pointing to a slimy opening in the ground.
"I think so."
"It looks like they're trying to poke it with a stick." he says.
You look over and the detectives push into it with a stick. The stick seems to be pulled into the gate.
"I think there's something in there." you say.

"Hey! What are you doing here?!" a guard spots Eddie and you.
"Let's go!" Eddie says.
Eddie and you start running through the woods being chased by the guard. He pulls you down and squats near a rock. You stay quiet and the guard sprints past you. You're both panting from running so fast and you start laughing.

 You're both panting from running so fast and you start laughing

"Oh noo they got away!" he jokes.
You laugh and he looks at you and smiles at your laugh.
"You're so pretty." he says.
"You are too Eddie." you say.
"Hey y/n?" he says.
"Mhm?" you ask.
"I uh..." he says.
"Yes?" you say.

"I think I'm in love with you." he says.
You feel your heart drop to your stomach and your face burn up. Your eyes water and you feel full of butterflies as you respond.
"I think I'm in love with you too." you say.
He pulls you in for a kiss and then holds your hand and you both walk back to Mike's house.