chapter twenty-eight: be my date

"Good morning pretty girl, I'm heading out I'll see you later." Eddie says as he kisses your forehead and walks out the door of his trailer.

A few months has passed since the battle with Vecna and things are going really well for you. Steve, Robin, and you hang out a few times a week and Eddie and you are going stronger than ever. It's springtime now which means you've been dating around half a year, it also means you get seasonal flowers gifted to you pretty often which you love. You've been getting along with Eddie's bandmates and showing up to every one of his Tuesday night performances. He tried telling them about his serenade to the demobats but they just brushed it off as Eddie getting way too high and imagining things. Eddie introduced you to his uncle and you made a great impression, so great in fact that he doesn't mind at all that you basically live in the trailer now that you're there so often. You've even managed to join the Hellfire Club. You have your own shirt and everything; even though you prefer stealing Eddie's. You're planning on going to play today, which is what Eddie was referring to when he said he'd see you later. Today's meeting is an extra one this week, which is odd because Eddie usually likes to take a week to perfect the campaign before actually playing it out.

 Today's meeting is an extra one this week, which is odd because Eddie usually likes to take a week to perfect the campaign before actually playing it out

As time passes, you make your way over to Hawkins High, where Eddie always meets you in the parking lot to walk you to the D&D room. You know where it is by now and you don't NEED him to walk you in, but he insists and you enjoy it. There's something sweet about him waiting for you there: the place you first met.

"Hey baby." you say as you hug Eddie and give him a kiss.

"Hi my love." he says smiling. He's smiling more than usual today; you can't help but wonder if he's up to something as he walks you to the D&D room.

As you walk in you see faces you don't usually see at Hellfire. Steve, Robin, Max, and Nancy are there. 

"What are you guys doing here?!" you say excitedly.

Before they answer your question, you turn around and see Eddie holding his guitar, plugged into his amp

Before they answer your question, you turn around and see Eddie holding his guitar, plugged into his amp. He starts playing "Feeling Free Again" by Manilla Road.

Of course he'd serenade you to a metal love song.

You've never heard Eddie sing before now and he sounds hot. It makes you blush harder.

As he finishes up the song, he motions for you to turn around. You do, and you see the four new faces hold up a letter each. 

Steve holds up a "P". Robin holds up an "R". Max holds up an "O". Nancy holds up an "M".

Eddie does a little run over to Nancy's left and holds up a "?". 

"I know prom is cheesy and all but I love spending time with you no matter what we do and you're the only person I'd want to spend hours at a school dance with. Will you be my prom date?" he asks smiling. 

Up until now you never would've thought that Eddie would've wanted to go to prom at all. Nonetheless he completely won you over with his promposal and you can't wait to go with him.

"Yes of course baby!" you say running over to kiss him. Everyone cheers.

Eddie and you drive to his trailer and Eddie excitedly gushes to you about how he planned his promposal and you listen as your heart melts into a puddle. 

You're completely and utterly in love with him.