Seven

With a full stomach, I lay down to sleep. Ash had to finish up some more paperwork, and I offered to help but he told me no and sent me to bed. Something about how we have a meeting tomorrow after school and I needed my rest, but so did he.

I bite my lip, worrying about him, but before I could go and get him, dragging him to bed, he slowly opens the door to our bedroom and eases it closed. I watch through hooded eyes as he moves around the room, changing and going to brush his teeth before coming to bed. I turn gently, hearing him pause as he makes his way to bed.

With a sigh of relief, he crawls into bed beside me, pulling me flush against his warm chest. I run my fingers over his scars, following each scar to it's end.

"Being my mate did this to you." I murmur, flattening my hand against his chest as I look up at him. He grabs my hand, kissing the tip of each finger tenderly.

"No, those Rogues who kidnapped me did. And you know that." He searches my eyes, saddening the more he looked. "Do you not like them? Do they... disgust you?" He whispers. Eyes wide, I shake my head.

"No, no, no, no! I love them because I love you, Ash. They don't disgust me, I'm just sad that you almost died because of me." I worry, relief filters through his wide blue eyes.

"And I love you, and I need you to know that it's not your fault. They were crazy, and it's sad we had to wipe them out, but we had too." He whispers, his lips brushing against my forehead.

I nod, snuggling into his chest. Wrapping his arms around me snugly, I relax against him. "You said my heat was one of the main problems... why?" I ask, exhaustion weighing down my bones, but I knew I would forget in the morning. With a heavy sigh, he adjusts his hold on me. I wrap my arms around his waist like I used to do when we were younger, finally being in my mate's arms.

"Because I'm getting closer and closer to losing any ounce of control I may have, and I'm scared I may snap. And you're getting weaker, every time you have this stupid heat." He mutters, tightening his hold on me.

"Mm." I hum, drifting into unconsciousness.