Party

Delilah's boyfriend picked her up, and started kissing her. Being a 3rd wheel isn't really my vibe.

"Hey."

Sofia walks up to me, looking crushed.

"I asked my crush out and he said yes."

Sofia is still talking with anguish. I hug her, not knowing why she's sad about this.

"Why's that a bad thing? He likes you back! So it's all good, Right?"

Sofia looked at the ground with pain in her eyes. Her brown hair fell Infront of her eyes in swoops. Tears slide down her cheeks in rivulets. I hug her tighter and reassure her it'll all be ok.

"He only likes me because I'm a good cover for him. He's on the football team and nobody would expect him to be... Gay. And he's afraid of coming out so he told me if I keep it on the down low he'll date me..."

I can't muster words to help her. Eddie Montcalm was a soft, nice boy. Unfortunately he was friends with Liam. Also on the football team. And Liam is... Really, really homophobic. Liam's whole life is based around being a stereotypical jock who will grow up to accept awards for his athleticism.

"It'll be ok Sophia, I promise... It'll be ok."

Sofia grabbed my hand and we walked out of the forest. Her mom was coming to pick her up. So I walked her to her car, hugged her again, and told her to text me if she needed anything.

Jogging back to the party, I spot Delilah all alone at the punch table. She seems to be chugging something. Considering the punch bowl was basically just alcohol and red food coloring, I decided she'd be interesting to talk to.

"Hey."

Delilah turned to meet my eyes. She smiled, and seemed a bit less uptight than before.

"I saw your friends leave. Mine did too. This party sucks. Want to get lost in the woods again?"

Delilah tried and failed to muffle a laugh. We both smiled. But I saw her giant boy-toy stroll over, and decided being quiet was a good idea. Her boyfriend put his arm around her waist, paying no attention to me, and opens his stupid mouth.

"Come on babe, let's go."

Delilah looked bewildered. She let his arm guide her out. And once again I was left all alone. So I started walking to the entrance when some brunette chick pushed me aside and started running towards Liam and Delilah.

Wanting to avoid that drama, I returned to the punch table because I didn't know what to do with myself. Delilah returned minutes later, drunk as all hell, to the party.

"WHO WANTS TO TAKE ME HOME?" Delilah yells, and a few guys walk over and start fighting over her, but she swats them away. She then spots me and strolls over.

"Hey Rex. I think I'm going to breakup with Liam. I'm tired of being betrayed by him." She slurs her speech and is obviously tipsy.

I'm surprised she'd share that with me. I'm not even her friend. Well I am, but not close enough to know that information.

"I can't stand Liam. Yet I still like him... But at the same time I don't feel hurt by his actions. Like him cheating was annoying instead of hurtful."

Delilah was clearly out if it. So I took her hand and asked where she lived. My mom came and she climbed into out hatchback. I dropped her off at her house and watched to make sure she was ok.