Friends

TW: Homophobic slurs in this ep.

I can't help feeing stupid. I just need to check up on Delilah though. I go on Instagram and decide to message her. Well... It took me around 40 minutes to pump myself up enough to send the text.

Rexasaurus69
Hey! It's Rex. I just wanted to check if you were ok.

When I'd didn't get a response, I decided to go about with my day. I ate breakfast, took a shower, brushed my teeth, etc. I'm combing my hair when my phone vibrates. I put the comb down on the countertop next to me and reach for my phone. Flipping it over and the screen lights up...

SofiaTheLast
Hey! Wanna watch movies and eat junk food with me?

I sigh. Why am I excited for a response? Delilah probably forgot about me by now. After all I am just a nobody. Her day is probably more interesting than my entire life.

Rexasaurus69
Sure! What movie? I'm coming over now

I pop my phone into my pocket and make for Sophia's house. It's not that far. Sophia's been my best friend ever since I could talk. I'm only a few meters from my doorstep when I see Liam. And he looks unhappy. I don't talk to him or wave or anything, but he comes straight up to me.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, taking my girlfriend home? She's not a gay little freak like you."

I'm appalled. Liam Swan just came to my house to call me a gay freak? Snapping at popular kids seems to be my thing now.

"Well at least I'm not cheating on my girlfriend."

Something in him was set ablaze. I could see it in his eyes. Like the moment normal people go insane. He grabbed me by my hoodie, lifted me up, and yelled in my face.

"Don't you ever speak to me like that ever again, fag." He's so close to me I feel his hot breath on my face.

He drops me and storms off. I run to Sophia's house and when I get into the door her mom looks at me and says I appear as if I just ran a marathon. Mostly because I was sweaty. I went up to Sophia's room and when I saw her words just tumbled from my lips.

"SOPHIA I SAW LIAM HE THREATENED ME AND CALLED ME A FAG, A FAG SOPHIA I DIDN'T KNOW PEOPLE COULD BE HOMOPHOBIC STILL AND ALSO-"

Sophie put a finger to her lips, then mine. A gesture telling me to shut the fuck up and repeat everything slower. I took a few deep breaths and proceeded to explain everything that just happened. My phone vibrates and when I check it, I see Delilah replied.

TheDelilahLyrics
Hey yeah I'm ok now thanks. I was in the shower lol

Delilah's text confuses me. Not just because she took a really, really long shower, but because she texted me back. I thought she'd just ignore my text, or not notice it with so many people blowing up her DMs. Maybe she was waiting for another text from me...

Rexasaurus69
Glad to hear it. That's a long shower jeez. So you broke up with Liam?

TheDelilahLyrics
No not yet, why?

Rexasaurus69
Oh because he just threatened me and called me a slur lol

TheDelilahLyrics
What the fuck?
I'm going to go talk to that homophobic asshole, sorry you had to deal with him

My chest fills with butterflies. Wait- am I crushing on Delilah? Why would she protect me if she doesn't even like me?

TheDelilahLyrics
I'll text you later, after I've dealt with him

Sophia looks at me with a smirky look on her face. I just push her backwards and say "I've got popular girl problems now."