Chapter 12

I went upstairs to find wherever Five went and found him in his room.

With me was some clothes that Grace gave me when I asked her if she has clothes that I can use for a formal event.

"I wasn't able to get you coffee. I was... preoccupied." Five said once he saw me enter.

"I don't care about the damn coffee. Why do you need us to be your parents, Five? What are you trying to do?" I asked him, sitting on his bed and putting the clothes down.

"The details aren't important. I just need you and Klaus to put on something formal. We leave in a few minutes." Five instructed, looking out the window.

Klaus entered the room, having a hard time standing up straight.

"Do I get paid for doin-"

Five held up his hand abruptly, cutting Klaus off.

We both looked at him and he suddenly pushed Klaus and I in his closet.

"Wait, what are you doing?!" I asked him because he was ushering us carelessly. Basically shoving us inside.

The closet can barely fit Klaus, let alone me being pushed inside as well.

"We won't be able to breathe in here!" Klaus whispered loudly.

"Suck it up and be quiet. Both of you." Five put his finger against his lip, shushing us for the last time before shutting the closet.

My back was against back of the closet, trying my best to stay standing but I can't because Klaus is curled up at the side, taking up all the space.

We were mouthing words of complain to each other when we heard Vanya's voice.

"Oh, thank God. I was worried sick about you." I heard Vanya sigh in relief.

"Why do we have to hide from Vanya?" Klaus whispered to me to which I just shushed him.

Her footsteps got louder and closer to the closet Klaus and I we're in.

"Sorry I left without saying goodbye." Five said softly and quietly.

Ever since Five got here, he was very aggressive with his words and knowledge so his gentle voice shocked me.

"No, look, I'm the one that should be sorry." Vanya stated. "Yeah, I was dismissive, and... I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And I still can't, to be honest." she added.

"Maybe you were right to be dismissive. Maybe it wasn't real after all." Five kept moving around the room. "It felt real. Well... Like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind"