Chapter 15

"Well, this is not good." Five sighed once we finally got out of the building.

Disappointment and anxiety can be heard from Five's voice.

Our trip here obviously means something to him. Something big that he's not telling me or at least one of us from the academy.

"I was pretty good though, right? 'Yeah. What about our consent, bitch?'" Klaus laughed. He's obviously still overjoyed by his performance a while back.

He stopped complaining about his wound on the head on the elevator and is now bragging about how his quick thinking saved the day.

I removed the blazer I had on and just put it on my arm as I can feel stuffiness around me. I didn't care if people saw my arm wrapped in gauze. It's not like they haven't seen it in movies or something.

Five looked at me then to my arm. He went towards me and started to unwrap it carefully.

"Klaus, it doesn't matter." Five looked at Klaus as he said that, still taking his time with the gauze.

"What? What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?" Klaus asked dejectedly.

Five heaved a big sigh and let go of my arm to face Klaus.

"There is someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days. They're gonna bring about the end of life on this Earth as we know it." Five stated.

"Excuse me?" I sputtered immediately. Five said that without any trace of hesitation at all. "What do you mean end of life, Five?" 

"It's complicated and I won't be able to give you answers unless I find out whose eye this is." he answered.

He took my arm again and continued unwrapping it carefully while I looked at him with eyes of disbelief and uncertainty.

Who the fuck just blurts out an information like that.

"Yeah, can I get that 20 bucks, like, now, or what?" Klaus extended his hands to Five.

"Your 20 bucks?" Five turned to Klaus again.

"Yeah, my 20 bucks." Klaus nodded.

I sighed as I felt Five about to explode on Klaus.

"The apocalypse is coming and all you can think of is getting high?" Five replied, looking at Klaus as if he's crazy to think about money when the world is ending.

I can't blame Five. Klaus is a very unpredictable person. Anything he says can either be serious or just something that shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

"Well, I'm also quite hungry. Tummy's a-rumblin." Klaus imitated a stomach rumbling out of hunger.