Chapter 6

What Luther said hurt me. Yes, I didn't like the old man but I can't even fathom killing him. I can't believe that it would just be that easy for Luther to accuse me of something like that just because I'm not a Hargreeve just like them. It just doesn't make sense.

I was about to enter the room that I previously occupied when we were kids but decided not to go inside. Instead, I found myself standing in front of Ben's room.

After a minute of thinking, I finally opened the door.

Once I was inside, I closed the door softly.

The room was dim since the curtains were drawn over the window.

His smell was still here. His vibe. His action figures. His books that he loved so much.

And then there were a couple of pictures in metal frames.

One was the whole eight of us. There was also him and the boys. Him and Mom. And then there was a picture of Ben and I.

It stood there in the middle of his desk.

I picked it up to look closely.

It was a picture of us when we were both 15 years old. We were given a day off to relax so the two of us went in a secluded cafe to have a drink.

That day was simple for others but for the both of us, it was perfect.

That was day where Ben and I said our I love you's. Some might say it was too early but in our defense, we have already spent so much time with each other since I came to the academy.

My hands caressed the picture carefully, scared that I would damage it.

"I love you." I whispered to the picture.

That message never changed. My intention and feelings stayed the same. If something did ever change, it's the fact that I love him more every single day.

I put down the picture and circled the room once more.

His closet was a tad bit open and when I opened it fully, I was hit with his smell.

He smells like a mixture of vanilla and orange. Kind of like the smell of spring which is very calming. His scent has always been one of my favorite things about him.

And now that I was able to remember that smell, it makes me miss him even more.

I took out one of his hoodie and held it in my hands.

The material was soft and comfortable to the skin. I would know because I would always sneak into his room just to steal his clothes.