Chapter 41

We were all huddled together and faced away from the living room so none of us noticed Vanya's arrival until we heard her voice, "Hey."

We turned to look at her and saw Leonard with him.

I remember that guy. He's the one that Vanya told Allison and I that she liked. I can't be the one to be in the way of her happiness. Not after what the old bastard did to leave her out of everything.

I smiled at her and Leonard but he was oddly trying to avoid my eyes.

I was confused and looked back at Klaus behind me.

"Do I have something weird on my face?" I asked him trying to feel my face.

Klaus didn't gave me an answer instead clocked his head at the space beside him. He then gave me a smile and said, "There is actually something on your face."

"And you're only telling this now?" I gently pushed past him to find a mirror. "I made sure that my face was clean before I went here-"

"Beauty. Ethereal beauty is on your face." Klaus cut me off.

Ethereal beauty my ass.

"Fuck off." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hey, not my words." He raised his hands in defense.

I shook my head at his antics and turned my attention to Vanya. Leonard still won't look at me. I was situated at the side so I'm probably just hallucinating that he's trying to hide his face from me.

Maybe he's just a shy one.

"What's going on?" Vanya was looking at us.

"It's a family matter." Allison answered for all of us.

"A family matter." Vanya repeated with a slight scoff and visibly upset. "So, of course, you couldn't bother to include me."

The whole mode turned more sour. My smile dropped and was replaced with a downcast expression.

I gave an effort to make her feel loved and welcomed again. I figured our situation was similar in a different aspect. She was left out because she had no ability. I was left out because I was not a Hargreeves.

I was given the expression that we reached a connection since we reunited a few days ago. That she finally feels that she has someone that loves her. A family.

Apparently not and I was hurt. For her and for myself.

"No, it's not like that. We were-"

"Please, don't let me interrupt." Vanya cut off Luther who tried to explain.

Then again, what would he explain? I didn't even notice that Vanya wasn't here a while ago when we started and I felt that her anger was valid.

But there's no time for that since the world is ending in three fucking days.

"I'll fill you in later when we're alone. Us two and Aira." Allison walked towards Vanya.

I guess Allison still isn't fond of Leonard.

He is a bit weird in my opinion but who am I to step between them. He's probably the only one that makes Vanya happy.

I stepped forward so Vanya can see that I'm more than willing to tell her everything we've talked about while she wasn't here.

"Pleas, please, don't bother. And I won't either." Vanya's expression was nonchalant as she looked at Allison and I. It was offending a little bit to be honest but I didn't say anything.

"Vanya, that's not fair." Allison replied.

"Fair? There's nothing fair about being your sister. I have been left out of everything for as long as I can remember. And I used to think that it was Dad's fault, but he's dead. So it turns out you're the assholes." Vanya basically spat her anger and frustration at us and turned to leave.