Chapter 34

"Excuse me? What do you mean we died?" Allison was looking utterly astonished at the bombshell that Luther dropped.

We were no longer in a joking atmosphere. Our future literally came out of Luther's mouth, as in there's no joke at the end of the sentence.

We. Fucking. Died. Trying to save the world. 

I don't feel any comfort right now as fear started to eat my thoughts away. It's weird that I've looked death in the eyes countless times as a kid. I wasn't afraid. I wanted to die at some point ever since Ben went away but now that our demise was seen by Five, I've realized how important it is to live.

I want to live.

But we died. Even when we fought probably for our lives and for others, we still lost.

I was so into my thought that I tuned out the whole conversation between the others. They were still asking Luther about multiple things and the noise was getting to much for me to handle.

"Just now, you're telling me that our lives are going to end in three days?" Diego obviously still could not hold the thought of Luther's revelation and probably us as well.

"I had no time ever since Five told me-"

"You know what? Let's just think of a way to figure this out." Diego cut off Luther.

Luther nodded and walked to the bar. We all followed him and crowded on the center.

"Is it just us?" Allison asked.

"Yes, it's everybody." Luther answered Allison.

"What do you mean when you say everybody?" I leaned forward the bar and used both my elbows for stability.

"In the house?" Diego was getting more and more aggressive to get answers.

"No, outside the house. Everyone died." Luther finally gave us the answer we needed. Or probably not. I'm scared shitless.

"The whole planet?" Allison tried clarifying.

We were all huddled together and faced away from the living room so none of us noticed Vanya's arrival until we heard her voice, "Hey." 

We turned to look at her and saw Leonard with him.

I remember that guy. He's the one that Vanya told Allison and I that she liked. I can't be the one to be in the way of her happiness. Not after what the old bastard did to leave her out of everything.

I smiled at her and Leonard but he was oddly trying to avoid my eyes.

I was confused and looked back at Klaus behind me.

"Do I have something weird on my face?" I asked him trying to feel my face.