Chapter 16

I went back to the academy to change out of my uncomfortable clothes and to take a bit of a rest. Now some might be wondering why I'm still staying here.

Ever since I stepped foot inside Ben's room, I always seem to find my way back. Looking at the pictures he left for hours on end and just laying on his bed, remembering the days we spent together dreaming about the time where we would have to leave this awful place. Those are the things that kept me sane.

It felt like his presence was still here, lingering somewhere in the house. That comforts the uneasy feeling I've had since he passed away.

I still have no idea whether Klaus can see him or not and I have no plan or anything in asking him.

It hurts a lot to wake up everyday and get hit by the fact that his passing isn't a long nightmare. This room removed all those nightmares which helped quite a lot.

As I was deep in my thought, I heard a knock on the door.

I stood up to see who it was.

"Ms. Aira, I noticed that you came home a few hours ago. There is something that I would like to show you and Ms. Allison that might raise both your spirits." Pogo said when I opened the door. Behind him was Allison who gave me a small wave.

"I wouldn't call this shitty place a home, to be honest. More like a detention center." I responded as I walked out of the room to go with them.

I don't really have anything else to do for the day so might as well come with them.

"Language, please." Pogo sighed. "The both of you really need to watch your words carefully." he walked away as I looked at Allison with a confused expression.

"I may or may not have said the word shit when we were talking." Allison whispered to me.

I chuckled at her as the both of us followed behind Pogo quietly.

The scene earlier flashed through my mind. The one where Allison and Vanya had an episode.

"Hey, Al." I tugged her arm.

"Yeah?"

"I saw your fight with Vanya earlier." I told her honestly.

Allison sighed as she heard what I said.

"Be honest with me. Was I too harsh?" she asked me.

I thought about her words towards Vanya.

"I know you have other problems that bugs your mind but it wouldn't hurt anyone if you would just be kinder with the way you said those things to her. Make her understand the things you go through without belittling her." I replied, trying to be gentle with my words incase she'd go off.