Chapter 37

Diego, Klaus, and I are now in the attic. Klaus is sat at a chair while Diego goes around him with a rope on his hands, wrapping around Klaus. I was not doing anything and just watching the scene unfold. My hands were crossed over my chest as I lean on the doorway.

When Klaus turned his attention at me, I grinned softly. Klaus' eyes travelled to the space beside me and in regardless of the fact that I did not even bother to look since I knew I wouldn't even be able to see anything there, I couldn't help but wonder why Klaus only did such subtle things when he was near me. Curiously enough, I never experienced any uneasiness or discomfort; only curiosity and confusion. It has something about it that comforts me, although that may just be because it's been so long since I've seen Klaus.

Klaus begun to question me, still sitting steady as Diego wrapped the rope around him, "I forgot to ask, Aira. Who was that on the door a little while ago?"

"Just a co-worker of mine. A little mishap happened at the office and they asked me to come in but I'm still on leave so  they just requested to give them a call if I have time." I answered simply.

"Why aren't you giving them a call now?" Diego raised his eyebrows at me as he checked the tightness of the rope around Klaus.

I shrugged lightly, "It doesn't matter any. The world is about to end and I can't be seen being upset over a client's name being switched and mixed."

As Diego pulled on the rope lightly, Klaus groaned.

Diego sighed and studied the poorly organized space, stating, "I hate this room." There was a musty smell and it was very gloomy.

"Oh, it got me high enough. I picked it clean of anything of value after Daddy kicked the bucket." Klaus remarked with a small chuckle.

I whispered to myself, "You call this clean?" as I directed my gaze at the mess of boxes strewn over the other side of the room. A gentle breeze tickled my neck, giving me the impression that someone may have just chuckled at my comment. Oddly, I didn't actually make any effort to look; instead, I simply appreciated anyone or whatever was in my company.

Despite never having seen a ghost in my life, while I was with Klaus, I still had faith in the hereafter. It's enough to glance at Klaus' current condition.

I shook my head when I wondered the possibility that it was Ben. Klaus would let me know if he had been seeing Ben's ghost, although I'm not sure if he's sober enough to be seeing Ben's ghost. Klaus detests talking to the dead, so I can't really make him do it.

"That's it, tighter and highter." I was snapped out of my own thoughts when I heard Klaus.

Diego took a moment to pause before pulling additional rope to tie Klaus up. He replied with a simple, "Fine."

Klaus gave off the impression that he was eager to be restrained. I told them, causing Klaus to snicker and Diego to guffaw, "If I see a boner, I'm out." Diego looked at me in horror as I proceeded, "You know, it just never occurred to me that Klaus would be interested in some nasty kind of shit."