Chapter 3 : The announcement

This morning as I wake up, miss Summer is already sitting beside my bed and waiting for me to open my eyes. I quickly wrapped my arms around her and again, tears began to fall. "Oh miss Summer, its my fault that sir Tear and sir Kibba is going to be punished today."

            Miss Summer touched my head and said "I know dear, but its not your fault, the people here just want to give you joy that your father can't give to you. Everybody love s you. You are a very wonderful princess and I can't even imagine why he dislikes you so much."

            Lady Nastasia entered the room without knocking the door and gave me my dress for today, its color black with detailed-sequins of diamonds and pearls. They escorted me outside the castle until we came at the barracks and I saw sir Tear and sir Kibba naked and tied-up.

            Before I sit at the chair the lashing began. "Ahhhhhh!" They shouted in pain. Evil Dmitri is not kidding and I think he is serious about the one-hundred and lashes and I could not look. This is also why he made me wear black today.

            After five more lashes and screams, I stood up from my chair and began to run. "Where are you going Leila!" Dmitri said. I did not bothered to look at him and I ran as fast as I could towards the stables.

            When I got there, I saw Dylan feeding Black Lightning. I went towards him and hugged him so tight. This is what I always like about him. All my troubles and my feelings are somehow eased when he is around. "Woah, wait! Calm down. What happened?" He said worriedly.

            "That Evil King is really a monster! He sent two of my friends into a public whipping and I think its my fault. What should I do Dylan? What should I do! And now my father's men is heading towards here I think. Can you hide me behind Black?". I said begging to grant my request.

            "You know princess, I mean Leila that its not a good thing to hide. But I'll do you a favor just this time okay?".

            As soon as he opened Black's pen, I quickly hopped in the small staircase and rode at the horse's back. I grabbed its hair with my left hand and removed one of my sharp pins from my hair and pointed it to its butt. The horse neighed very loud and began to gallop out of control.

            I do not know how to ride a horse because it is obvious that Evil Dmitri is against it. But I do not care about it right now, I hope the horse leads me out of the gates and bring me anywhere in the districts. "Sorry!" I yelled to Dylan.

            Black strutted very fast and out of control as I grouched and held its hair tighter. I closed my eyes trying  not to see what is happening.

            After a few more moments, I noticed that I am falling sidewards together with the horse. I tried to open my eyes and a knight caught me from falling and I see about ten more knights encircled around us, with the horse lying on the floor with a net.

            Evil Dmitri came riding with his own horse and began to laugh really hard, "Hahaha! You can't do anything good, right princess? Look what have you done! Kill the horse!".

            No. He can't kill Black, its Dylan's horse, he will get mad at me for the rest of my life and I might never see him again. I used all my strength to get out of  this knight's filthy hands off me, drew his sword and dashed towards the horse and hugged it. "If you will kill the horse, you have to get through me!" I threatened them.

            "Enough of this nonsense don't force me to be the one killing that horse right in front of you!"  Dmitri said.

            "Then draw your sword and fight me. Whoever makes the opponent lose the sword in their hand wins."

            "That is so cute! You're calling me an opponent? Ha!." He drew his sword and looked at the left side. "Well look who's here to watch, its the stable boy, Dylan Stitch."

            I know this could be a trick but I can't resist to look at him so I tried to glance and I found out that he is not here. "You have let your guard down that easily." He began swinging his sword and I can't react fast enough to tighten my grip of the sword and it flew away. "I win! Hahaha!" He boasted.

            "That is cheating! You coward!". I am starting to get really angry

.

            He tried mimicking me "That is cheating, you coward. Bah! That is a basic rule! No matter who your opponent is and even though he looks like a weakling, you should still come up with a good plan and find a way to make an advantage. Its life and death we are talking about here. Did your sir Tear taught you that my dear daughter?"

            "Don't you call me your daughter when you do not treat me like one." And then I spitted on his face.

            "Alright then, you leave me with no choice." I think spitting him on the face is a bad idea after all.

            Dylan came together with his father.

            The evil monster maniac king Dmitri looked around the people looking at us and began to speak. "Hear me! Hear me people of the Goldstein Kingdom! I am now giving this horse a break and setting it free." I saw Dylan's face with happiness after hearing this but I think there will be a follow up announcement.

            "After three days, I am declaring the Ultimatum – the grand Royale Games will begin! Spread the news around the town and  let it be known. Send one satellite aircraft around the kingdom to confirm the big news". He raised his hand to make a go signal.

            "No! You can't do that! According to the rules, that the Ultimatum should be held if I will become eighteen years old." And he really can't do that.

            "Then I am breaking the rules! You should have acted like a princess so none of this could've happened. You have to marry as soon as possible. I am too old to control that little hard-headedness of yours. At least having a prince and a husband could make you change and act more feminine."

            Everyone looked shocked and can't believe about the announcement and it is sealed and final. I can not do anything to stop it.