Chapter 6: Meeting the other Champions

I see other tributes bowing one at a time in front of me. They are getting my attention, hugging me and grinning at me one by one. I can not see their faces, they are so blurred that only their voices are the ones that is clear to me. The next scene is that they beheaded Dmitri and everything went pitch black and I saw the whole Goldstein Kingdom being burned.

I was screaming and shouting and I knew that I am just having a nightmare. Someone is shaking me so I could wake up. And then when I opened my eyes, I saw Dylan sitting beside me, "Dylan? What are you doing here?". He did not talked and just smiled past through me and he sprouted blood from his mouth and I see many young men covered with blood angrily looking at us, I grabbed Dylan's hand and shouted, "We have to run!". I noticed that his hands are cold and I do not feel any weight. When I looked back, I realized I am holding at an arm that is cut and the saw the champion from district 1 - Valkyrie. His body is still standing but his head is rolling near my feet. I tried to shout but I can not hear my own voice.

Everything went pitch black and I found myself screaming and shouting as loud as I can and I felt someone hugged me and is trying to talk to me, "Shhh! Leila? Leila. Wake up. Its alright sweety I'm here. Shhhh.". Its miss Summer's voice. I wrapped my arms around her and hold her so tight because I am still trembling in fear from that ugly nightmare.

She made me went back to sleep and promised that she will sleep by my side the whole night

The next morning, Dmitri entered the room laughing, "Oh look at that cute little bear; so cuddly, so soft and meek. Why is miss Summer sleeping beside you? Oh I know, because you are still a cry baby and a small fry!"

He knows how to get into my nerves, I stared at him like I am about to kill him but I intend not to speak any words so this conversation would not go any further.

After a few moments of his babbling he ordered, "Princess! You have to meet the other champions in the assembly hall today, because it would be unfair for the others if you do not meet them personally." And then, he left.

I really despise him so much! One day, if his foot is set on the graves, I will never cry for him.

Today I wore a lovely yellow ruffled dress, long gloves embroidered with flowers and a matching lime-shaded glass slippers. The materials are very light so I can move freely while meeting the other champions that I have not met from Yesterday.

As I entered the assembly hall, the people inside are scattered all over the place. I see some men half-naked and others wearing only their underwear. I see newly polished armors and other equipments with the staffs and designers rushing and walking back and forth.

I asked from a woman who happened to pass in front of me, "What is going on and why is everyone looked busy?". And then the woman said, "There have been some difficulty in the fitting of the other suits because of some them is unexpectedly small.". Oh yeah I remembered, it is the first time in history that some of them are only fifteen or sixteen.

From my left side, a voice of a man just said hello. When I looked at him, I see a heart-shaped head with a hair that is brushed going to the right side. He has dark-brown eyes and just looked ordinary to me. "Good morning Princess, I am Rannier Gammantuk, a volunteer from district 19. Its pleasure to meet you.".