8

- Chapter 8 -

Dad was drinking coffee at the table and mom was at the stove cooking what seemed like eggs and toast.

"Morning Beautiful." Dad said with a smile.

I smiled. "Morning." I said and pretended to yawn, I was good at it.

"How was the meeting?" my mom asked me.

I hesitantly said. "It was interesting." I said. That wasn't really a lie. Last night was interesting.

"Oh we'll come on Breakfast is almost ready." mom said.

"Mom I'm fine. I'm going to meet up with someone today to discuss what happened last night. I have to get ready." I said giving them both apologetic looks.

Well I wasn't lying.

I was discussing.

Maybe not what they expected but I was discussing what happened last night.

Not really a lie at all.

My parents sighed.

"Guess our little girl is growing up!" my mom said smiling.

"She's not ever going to grow up." my dad said seriously.

"She's my little girl." he said staring at me.

"Dad." I whined.

"Guess it's time for the talk?" he brought up.

My eyes bulged.

Not the talk...

"Baby you already know about the birds and bees? Right?" he asked me like I was a child.

"Oh my gosh, dad. I'm taking a shower ok." I said walking towards the stairs. I wasn't going to sit through this.

I heard my parents quietly laughing to theirselves as I left to my bathroom.

Goodness why did they have to make things awkward.