Albion Is Born

Noon is upon us. Arthur makes his way to the courtyard balcony that overlooks the people below.

All of Camelot gather to listen to what the king has to say.

Merlin and Gaius stand among the crowd, as do Percival and Leon

Arthur looks at Gwen and Gwen gives a reassuring touch of the hand.

Arthur nods and begins to speak.

Arthur: CITIZENS OF CAMELOT, WE HAVE TRIUMPHED AND WON OUR VICTORY ONCE AGAIN, MORGANA IS GONE AS IS HER ARMY. I CANNOT PROMISE WE WILL LIVE IN PEACE FOREVER, BUT THE HORRORS THAT HAVE CURSED US ALL THESE YEARS ARE TO BE NO MORE.

The crowd cheers.

Arthur holds his hand up for the people to silence.

Arthur: THERE IS SOMETHING I MUST CONFESS, I DID NOT WIN THE BATTLE ALONE.

The people murmur confused.

Arthur: FOR MANY YEARS MY FATHER FOUGHT AGAINST THE EVILS OF MAGIC, AND WHILST I WILL ALSO DO THE SAME, IT IS TO BE JUDGED BY CHARACTER, NOT BY PRACTICE.

The crowds murmurs grow silent as the sea is full of shocked faces and gasps.

Arthur: A VERY POWERFUL SORCERER HAS BEEN WATCHING OVER US SINCE HE CAME TO CAMELOT. SAVING US TIME AND TIME AGAIN WITHOUT SEEKING ANY CREDIBILITY. I KNOW WHAT YOU ALL MUST BE THINKING. WE HAVE BEEN TAUGHT MANY YEARS TO DESPISE IT, BUT THE SORCERER WHO LIVES IN THE WALLS OF CAMELOT, HE ALONE HAS CHANGED MY JUDGEMENT. I ONLY HOPE YOU WILL STAND BY ME WHEN I OPEN MY ARMS TO THE GOOD, SORCERER OR NOT.

Merlin gulps and looks down, the murmurs of the crowd are faint but still present. He didn't think this far, what if the public disagree, what if Arthur loses the trust of his people..

Arthur: YOU ARE FREE TO LEAVE CAMELOT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH MY CHOICES. NOTHING HAS CHANGED REGARDING YOUR SAFETY, AND AS I SAID, WE HAVE THE MOST POWERFUL SORCERER ON OUR SIDE. LET US STOP JUDGING PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE, AND RATHER THE ACTIONS THEY TAKE!

Arthurs words echo through the courtyard and not even a moment silence before the crowd cheer. Merlin lifts his head and looks around, theyre cheering?

Merlin looks up at Arthur to find he is already looking down at Merlin smiling.

Merlin returns the smile and bows.

Gaius pats Merlin on the back as proud as he ever has been.

Percival ruffles Merlins hair

Percival: Come on lets make our way to the courtroom, I want to find out who this sorcerer is.

Percival walks off with Leon, leaving Gaius looking at Merlin.

Gaius: Dont be frightened Merlin.

Merlin nods and walks up with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur, Gwen, Gaius and the knights, along with the people of the court sit at the table, a huge feast has been prepared for them.

Leon: So sire, we had a sorcerer protecting us the whole time? I never wouldve imagined you to rule so differently to your father.

Arthur: Is that a bad thing?

Leon: Not at all my lord. You are and always have been fair and just.

Arthur smiles as the knights nod and agree.

Percival scoffing on some chicken.

Percival: Who ish it den my lord?

Merlin walks in with a jug of water, carrying on with his normal duties as if nothing has changed.