Denial

~Continuing from previous chapter~

Merlin: Why are you so angry all of a sudden?

Arthur: I don't know Merlin... Recently my head is just-

Merlin walks closer to Arthur.

Merlin: What?

Arthur looks up at him finally, still confused and still a little frustrated.

Arthur: I keep.... Falling into this idiotic stare when I look at you recently

Merlin scoffs and laughs a bit.

Merlin: Good one. What's really the matter sire?

Arthur remains looking angrily at Merlin, glaring as he is not being taken seriously.

Merlin: You're ... Serious?...

Arthur rolls his eyes and sighs and goes to sit on Merlins bed.

Arthur: Just forget it.

Merlin shakes his head and walks over to him.

Merlin: Sorry, I'm listening... What do you mean you fall into a stare?

Arthur: I don't want to talk about it Merlin, I seem to think I've been enchanted at this point.

Merlin looks close to his face.

Arthur: What are you-

Merlin: No, I don't sense any enchantments...

Arthurs lids drop a little, Merlin is extremely close to his face, he can feel his breath hit his lips. No enchantment? Then why? It makes no sense. Merlin is still looking him up and down trying to figure out why he's feeling the way he is.

Arthur: Merlin.

Merlin is a little startled and realises how close his is to the kings face. He is also shocked to see the King looking so serious yet trembling a little.

Arthur: Just-... Just to... G-get it off my back....

Merlin: Y-yes sire?

Arthur rolls his eyes and clears his throat and looks away.

Arthur: Perhaps we should.... K-kiss..

Merlin: WE SHOULD WHAT?!

Arthur grabs Merlin and covers his mouth.

Arthur: SHUT UP!

Merlin looks up at Arthur, looking confused.

Arthur looks back at him and sighs.

Arthur: I'm sorry... Its a stupid idea, I think I might just be tired..

Arthur lets go of Merlin and pushes his hair back walking towards the window again.

Merlin watches and looks down, Arthur has never been so troubled and confused. Could he really be seeing Merlin in a new light? Impossible... It can't be, hes a man afterall, it's ... It's not unheard of but... Its rare.

Merlin looks back up at Arthur, he looks lost... Merlin can't bare it.

Merlin: Alright. L-lets do it.

Arthur looks at Merlin a bit wide eyed.

Merlin looks back determined yet a little nervous. As if he is quaking in his boots.

Arthur: You're sure?

Merlin nods.

Arthur ponders the thought, is he really going to kiss his manservant, kiss a man... Kiss Merlin?