Long Awaited Truth

Merlin stands in his new chambers, looking around at his own space.

Gaius walks in and smiles.

Gaius: Its fit for a king this.

Merlin chuckles and sits on his double bed.

Merlin: The bed certainly is... Gaius are you going to be ok on your own?

Gaius: Please Merlin... I was alone for many years in those chambers. Im fully grown.

Merlin: I know... Sorry I've been a nuisance these past few years.

Gaius: You were a nuisance that changed my life for the better my boy.... Supper will be waiting for you later should you want it.

Merlin smiles.

Merlin: Of course.

Gaius smiles and leaves, Arthur passes him and walks into Merlins room.

Arthur: What do you think Merlin?

Merlin: (sarcastic) Its alright... it's so much bigger than what I've been used to.

Arthur: (also sarcastic) I'm pleased you like it. Anyway enough gawking at it all we need to discuss some things.

Merlin turns in his brow in confusion.

Arthur sits at the table in Merlins room.

Merlin gets up and joins him.

Arthur: Aithusa.

Merlin: What about him?

Arthur: Do you think we could take it in... You said your self the great dragon hasn't got much time left...

Merlin: Dragons aren't pets Arthur.

Arthur glares.

Arthur: Thats not what I meant.

Merlin thinks for a moment... Dragons have no master, they should be free to roam. But Aithusa is still young and housing him at Camelot might not be a bad idea...

Merlin: you're not planning to trap him are you?

Arthur: No Merlin I'm not an idiot. You can look after him.

Merlin: And youre not going to use him as a weapon?

Arthur: No... But if Camelot needs protection? Im sure it wouldnt do him any harm to help us.

Merlin thinks on this, after Kilgharrah passes Aithusa will be the last dragon, and last time he let him roam he fell into Morganas hands.

Merlin: Ok I will talk to Kilgharrah.

Arthur: Good.

Arthur smiles then looks at the table in a stare.

Merlin: Is everything ok sire?

Arthur: Hmm? Yes... Well... I know you still have things to tell me is all. And they're things I may not forgive you for.

Merlin gulps and gets nervous, this is true.

Merlin: Im sorry.

Arthur takes a breath and slams his hands on the table and Merlin is startled.

Arthur: How about we discuss every thing after dinner.

Merlin trembles a bit, but forces a nod.

Arthur looks at Merlin.

Arthur: I know you wouldn't do anything to harm me. I will try to listen and understand. But I cannot promise my reactions will be calm, you know how I get.