Chapter 8 - Mall Talk

Eddie pulled into a parking spot in front of the mall, got out of the van, and helped you out before you could get out yourself.

"You don't always have to help me out of the van, you know," You said.

"I know," He replied.
"But I wouldn't be much of a gentleman if I didn't, would I?" He asked. You smiled at him, and you both walked into the mall. You walked into Scoops Ahoy! and got in line. When it was your turn to order, the guy at the counter asked,

"What would you like to order?"

"Uh, can I have a (whatever flavor you want) sundae?" You asked.

"Alright, and what about you, sir?" The guy asked.

"I'll take a mint chocolate chip sundae," Eddie replied.

"Okay," The guy said.
"Is that all?" He asked.

"Yep," You replied.

You insisted on paying for the ice-cream, but Eddie wouldn't let you. After some back and forth stubbornness, you gave in and let him pay for it, and then you both sat down at a table.

"I could've paid for it," You said.

"I told you already; you said you were low on cash, so I'm not letting you pay for stuff for me," Eddie replied.

You rolled your eyes playfully as a lady came over with your ice-creams. She handed you each a spoon and a napkin, and then you thanked her before she walked away.

"Hey, Eds, you got something in your hair," You said, pointing at a spot in his hair. Eddie set his spoon down and started feeling around in the spot you pointed to.

"I don't feel anything," He said. You grinned and grabbed a bite of his sundae with your spoon, in which he gasped and looked at you.
"How dare thou!" He exclaimed in a goofy accent. You ate the ice-cream and smirked at him, letting out a giggle. Eddie picked up his spoon and grabbed a bite of your sundae.

"Noooo! Not my sundae!" You whined.

"Now we're even," He said with a smirk.

You both laughed, and then continued eating your ice-cream. After you finished, you left the cups on the table and cleaned up any ice-cream that got on the table. You threw the napkins and plastic spoons away, and then grabbed another napkin.

"You know, you have ice-cream all over your face, right?" You asked as you handed Eddie the napkin.

"So do you," He replied. You grabbed another napkin, and you both wiped your faces off before putting the napkins in the trash and leaving. You looked at your watch and saw that it was one o'clock.

"We still have another hour before school's out," You said.

   "Alright. What should we do, then?" Eddie asked.

   "I honestly just want to chill," You replied.

   "Alright. We can chill in the back of the van if you want," Eddie offered.

   "Sure," You replied. You and Eddie went outside and to his van. You both got into the back, and you sat down before Eddie shut the doors, sitting down next to you.

The seats were folded down, so you had some room. You picked up your guitar and started playing random chords.

   "Did Jason bother you at all today?" Eddie asked.

   "For once in my life, no, he didn't," You replied.

   "That's good," Eddie said.
"Maybe telling him off yesterday finally got him to realize that he can't control you," He said.