Chapter 44 - Surprise

You woke up to someone shaking you, and you groaned when you realized it was Carlos.

"Come on, wake up," Carlos said. You flipped him off and closed your eyes again.

"No," You said before wrapping your arms around Eddie.

"Well now I'm definitely not getting up," Eddie chuckled.

"Come on, man. Everyone else is up. Can you at least try to help me get her up?" Carlos asked.

"I like this, so I don't know if I want to," Eddie replied with a smirk.

"Then I will," Steve said before picking you up.

"STEVE, PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!" You exclaimed.

"Are you going to get up?" Steve asked.

"Ughh, fine. Can you jut me down?" You asked.

Steve put you down and you flipped him off. He rolled his eyes and Carlos smiled.

"Thanks, man," Carlos said.

"No problem," Steve replied.

"So I'm assuming I have to get up too," Eddie said.

"I'm not gonna force you to. I might eat your breakfast if you don't though," You replied, and Eddie shot up.

"Not a chance," Eddie said, and Carlos laughed.

"Well then let's go eat, because she will not hesitate to do so," Carlos said.

After everyone ate and got dressed, Gareth, Jeff, and Brady decided to head home, and the rest of you decided to hang out for a bit.

"Any update, Henderson?" Eddie asked.

"Nope," Dustin replied.

"Update on what?" You replied.

"Nothing," Eddie, Mike, Dustin, Lucas, Max, Nancy, Will, Eleven, Robin, Jonathan, and Steve replied in unison.

"Guys, what're you hiding?" You asked.

"Don't worry about it. I promise it's nothing bad. Okay?" Eddie asked.

"Finee," You replied as you rolled your eyes.

"Can I know what's going on?" Carlos asked.

"No way, man! You'll totally tell y/n," Steve replied.

"I promise I won't," Carlos said.

"Swear on your life?" Dustin asked.

"Swear on my life," Carlos repeated.

"FIne. Steve, you can tell him," Dustin said.

"What?! No fair!" You said, and Eddie kissed your forehead.

"Trust me on this one, princess," Eddie said, and you smiled before Steve and Carlos got up and went upstairs.

(3rd pov)

Carlos followed Steve upstairs and into Carlos' room. Steve shut the door and then walked over to Carlos.

"Alright, what's so important that y/n can't know about?" Carlos asked.

"We're helping Eddie plan a surprise for her," Steve said.

"What's the surprise?" Carlos asked.

"Proposal," Steve replied, and Carlos' jaw dropped.

"But they've only been dating for a couple of months," Carlos said.

"What?! It's not happening super soon. Probably in a few months. But Eddie wants to make sure it's perfect, so we've started planning now," Steve said.

"That makes more sense. Guess I'm gonna have to make a surprise visit for it. Call me when you got it all figured out so I can make a trip here," Carlos said.