Chapter 43 - Clarification

"I'd expect nothing less from you, C," You said.

   "I'm okay with that," Eddie said.

   "Could you leave the room for a second, C?" You asked before unlocking your door. Carlos nodded and left the room, shutting the door behind him.

You walked over to Eddie, gently grabbed his wrist, and led him into the bathroom. You shut the door and Eddie looked worried.

"Knowing Carlos, he's going to ask if you've ever hurt me. If you say yes, he'll ask what you did. Now I think we can both agree that we are not telling him that we've had sex. So you can mention that you accidentally grabbed my wrist after the incident with Aiden, but nothing about last week," You said, and Eddie nodded.

   "I couldn't agree more," Eddie replied. You kissed Eddie and then you both went back to your room. Eddie sat down on your bed and you opened your door.

   "Alright, C. You can come back in," You said. Carlos walked in and sat down at your desk. He noticed the Polaroid photos on your desk (The one that Max took and some of the photos you took yesterday.)

Carlos smiled and then looked back at you and Eddie.

Carlos asked a bunch of questions about your relationship. Asking about Eddie being there for you, how he's been helping with your nightmares, how much time you spend together, and other small stuff.

   "Alright. Final question. Have you ever hurt y/n?" Carlos asked. Eddie let out a sigh before replying.

   "Once. On accident," Eddie replied, and Carlos looked frustrated.

   "I have another question then. What did you do?" Carlos asked.

   "I went to lead y/n somewhere, and I forgot her wrists were sore from Aiden and him harassing her. But I grabbed her wrist and it did hurt her. It was a complete accident," Eddie replied.

Carlos looked at Eddie skeptically before looking at you.

"Y/n, is that true?" Carlos asked.

"Yes," You replied, and Carlos nodded. Carlos stood up and walked over to the bed.

"Alright, Munson. It turns out you are all that my sister's cut you out to be. I'm willing to give you a chance. Just remember that I'm not doing it for the sake of forgiveness or anything, I'm only doing this for y/n," Carlos said.

"Feeling's mutual, y/l/n," Eddie replied.

"I'm sure you two will get along just fine. You both have a lot in common. Carlos' also in a band," You said, and both Eddie and Carlos were surprised.

"Carlos' in a band?" Eddie asked.

"Munson's in a band?" Carlos asked at the same time.

"Carlos has a band in California. And yes, Eddie's in a band as well," You replied.

"Sweet," Eddie said.

"Wait, middle school talent show, right?" Carlos asked, and Eddie nodded.
"Shit. I can't remember the name," Carlos said.

"Corroded Coffin," Eddie said, and Carlos snapped his fingers.

"Right! That was actually pretty cool," Carlos said.

"What's this? A compliment from Carlos? Interesting," Eddie said jokingly.

"Don't flatter yourself, Munson," Carlos replied with a smirk.

"Leave flattering me to your sister," Eddie said with the same smirk Carlos had.

"Real smooth," You said sarcastically, and Eddie smiled.