Chapter 51 - Challenge Accepted

(Eddie's pov)

I went to punch Billy again, but someone got in the way, and I ended up hitting them. I heard a yelp of pain, and watched in horror as Y/n fell to the ground. My heart shattered with realization. I hit her.

(Your pov)

   "Nah, man. She's mine," Eddie said with a smirk. He moved so that he was next to you, pulled you in by your waist, and kissed you. You smiled and kissed him back.

The kiss was cut short when Eddie was ripped away from you by Billy. Billy rammed Eddie into a wall, and your jaw dropped.

   "Shit," Eddie grunted as you ran over to the two boys.

   "Billy, stop!" You said. People were gathering around you, and Billy tightened his grip on Eddie's shirt.

   "Goddamn it, freak! She was gonna be mine!" Billy said, and everyone started whispering and talking. Excuse me?!

   "In your dreams, Hargrove!" Eddie spat.

Billy punched Eddie in the face, and you covered your mouth with tears in your eyes.

   "Stop it, Billy! Let him go!" You said. Billy didn't listen, and punched Eddie again.
   "Billy, stop! Please!" You begged.

   "Let him go, man!" Jeff said.

   "Jeff... d-don't get tied into t-this," Eddie said.

   "Fucking freak!" Billy said.

Eddie's eyes went wide, and he punched Billy in the face. Everyone backed up as Billy stumbled backwards.

Billy put his hand under his now bleeding nose, and when he saw the blood, he clenched his fists and tried to punch Eddie. Eddie ducked and then punched Billy in the side of the head.

   "Eddie, stop!" You exclaimed. Eddie punched Billy again, and Billy grunted before punching Eddie.
   "Please stop!" You begged.

Without thinking, you got in between the two boys. What you weren't aware of was that Eddie was already in the process of throwing another punch, and you ended up taking the blow.

Eddie's ringed fist collided with the side of your face, and you yelped in pain as one of the rings cut your cheek. You fell to the ground, and everyone gasped.

You felt a searing pain in your cheek, so you put your hand up to it as your eyes filled with tears.

You quickly moved your hand away from the pain of touching your cheek, and tears ran down your face. You looked at your hand, and your eyes went wide when you saw the blood on it.

   "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" Eddie said, kneeling beside you. You looked at him through your tears, stood up, and ran to the bathroom.

(Eddie's pov)

   "Party's over! Everyone go home!" Billy said.

There were some complaints, but everyone left. Everyone except for me, my friends, and Y/n's friends of course.

What the fuck is wrong with me? I can't believe I hurt her. I thought to myself as tears flowed down my face.