Eighteen

just walk confidently and i'll be always behind you to support

All this time the real reason why no one can discover Y/n's real identity is because of Jun and Minghao. Before starting the revenge plan that Y/n wanted, they made sure that her background is clean same goes for the traces that she might accidentally leave behind.

When Jun saw the necklace in the scene during a supposed to be a secret transaction, he immediately knew that it was her. That necklace was specially designed for her and he knows it better than anyone would. Without acting suspiciously, he took it with him and return it to her.

The same goes for Minghao when she accidentally left her phone on the kitchen counter, but it turns out someone unfortunately was there before him and saw everything that he wasn't supposed to see. Getting tangled up with SVT was just a pure coincidence, her plan was just to grab the first mission that Joohyuk gives her, and stab him in the back, but she ended up taking a case that is also connected with her target.

Y/n was well aware of two of his friends being a member of other groups while also being one with her, but it was only because it was a family alliance while SVT is a friendship one. And who would've thought that she'll also get stuck with a deadly mafia in the underworld?

Everything was not part of the plan, not getting her friends tangled up in her faults, meeting her younger brother, and falling in love. But she let everything flow on it's own but she can't keep doing that. Y/n needs to move and now, no more getting distracted.

"Are you ready?" Jun worriedly looked at Y/n but just cracked a sweet smile at him, holding his hand and lightly squeezing it. She then turned to Minghao with the same expression, looking at her friend dearly. "I'm ready..."

Jeonghan's POV | 7:57 a.m

The meeting still hasn't started yet and I'm already bored and tired, I didn't understand how will this help me find answers. Everything doesn't make sense, each day just confuses me even more and I haven't been able to find a single answer.

I tapped Joshua's shoulder to grab his attention. "Do I really have to be here? Are we really getting answers here?" I annoyedly asked him but before he could reply, the door suddenly swung wide open.

Soon as I saw her, I knew that the pieces were finally falling into their places and I'll soonly get the answer I seek. But something just doesn't make sense, why is she here with Minghao... and Jun?

"Who is this woman? Who let her in?!" "Imo (aunt), you already forgot about me? Mom wouldn't be happy that you forgot her only daughter..." That's when it hit me where I am all along, I was too distracted by my own thoughts that I didn't even know where am I.

KT Jewels, Taeyeon's sister, the one who kicked Y/n out. Is she finally taking what's hers? But why does she suddenly wants them back? What is she planning? Everything just keeps getting complicated, Minghao knows the late CEO and now Jun is also with her.

"That woman is Kim Taeyeon's sister. Minghao told me to come to the board meeting, I didn't understand why at first but now I know why. He wants us also to know the truth..." It was spot on, Joshua figured it out but why do they want us to know? It still doesn't change that Y/n betrayed us and now I guess so as them.

"My sister couldn't have a child so how can you be her daughter?" Right, she can't have them so she adopted Y/n. "Mrs. Oh, you'll just embarrass yourself if we show our evidence here, in front of the board." I was also right about Minghao really personally knowing Taeyeon but what's their relationship? Is this why he also knows Y/n?

"I don't care, s-show us your evidence-" Just her stuttering and stammering already makes her obviously guilty. Once again another woman suddenly entered the room making everyone shock, including me. A person everyone thought died years ago has lively walked into the room.

I got off my seat and walked to Y/n, grabbed her by the waist, pulling her closer to me. I slowly moved to her ears and whispered. "Well, this is getting more interesting..." Judging how her body stiffens, I still really have effects on her and she can no way deny it.

"Unnie?" Taeyeon ignored her sister and just sat in the chair in the middle. "Shall we start the meeting?" "Yes..." Everybody went back to their seats and Y/n sat beside Taeyeon, while I returned to mine beside Joshua and the other members. The meeting started and completely ignoring the fact that Taeyeon's sister is still in shock.

End of Jeonghan's POV

After the meeting, Y/n obviously went to her mom, asking her questions. "I thought you couldn't make it?" Taeyeon rolled her eyes, she knew that Y/n needs her here today. If she didn't come she either wasn't able to stand up for herself or just didn't come.

"This is more important so I canceled my meeting with Minghao's dad." She glanced at Minghao who cheekily smirks at Y/n. "You knew that she was coming and you didn't tell me?!" He immediately backed away from the girl, knowing that she'll attack him anytime.

But unexpectedly someone suddenly called out her name. "Kim Y/n" She didn't immediately turn around since she knew it was, but he called her out again. "Agent Kim!" Jeonghan was definitely trying to annoy her.

Jeonghan and the others walked towards them, while they were walking something or more like someone behind them caught her attention. "You must be the famous young chairman of SVT Group and heir of the- " "Dock!"

Y/n screamed soon as she realized that he was holding a gun and pointing toward them. After locking his aim to his target, he then pulled the trigger and shoot. She tightly hugged her mother's body for a moment, protecting her from what was about to come next.

"No one stands up..." Jeonghan quickly onto hold Y/n's hand when she was about to get up as if it wasn't done yet and just as he thought, it wasn't over yet. The unknown guy makes a rain of bullets in the company's lobby, surely injuring some employees or them.

After a moment of silence, Jeonghan slowly loose his grip on her. Y/n immediately looked around for injured people and of course, the suspect was gone but he left an unwanted gift. "A bomb?-" "Everyone leave the building right now! There's a bomb!" She quickly warned everyone, making the people race to the exit but she just coldly stand there looking for someone.

Y/n watched everyone and every member passed in front of her eyes except for one. "Jihoon..." She still hasn't still seen a sight of him since she stood up earlier. Soon everyone was out but her and her brother.

She can't leave without him, she can't run away like before. For years guilt drowns her and she just goes without looking for him; if she does the same thing again, it'll just truly kill her this time. She can't handle him getting hurt because of her again.

"Jihoon..."