Twenty-eight

you're my brother, and no one in the world could ever change that

SVT's mansion | 7:11 p.m.

After seeing all the chaos slowly calm down and an ambulance arrived to pick up the dead bodies, she didn't want to stay anymore for long there and smell all the foul smell of blood everywhere, quickly left as soon as possible.

However, she can't go home tonight, even if the news about the deaths and Joohyuk getting arrested Y/n still needs to present herself to the members and ease all their concern for their brothers who are also taken by the authority.

It was her first time returning to the mansion after she ran away that night with Minghao. Nothing has changed other than the image everyone sees her as, she's not the mere innocent girl they saw nor the enemy they thought betrayed all of them, yet the real her.

The guards open the gate for her and let her inside with no problems; inside their home where everyone is gathered and worrying about not only their brothers but also her. Her image as the enemy didn't really stand for too long, she already became part of their family and they can't just cut her off just like that.

She was a threat yet she never used it against them, since the moment Y/n stepped inside their humble abode she caused no harm to them, but she also protects them in secret in the dark where her identity also hid.

"You did it... We did it..." Joshua praised all of her and their hard work as he slowly walks to hug her which she nicely return. Some members didn't also want to be left out and quickly also joins in hugging her while some watched with a smile to the side, except for one person. However, no one must've noticed it.

He watches the others congratulate her and celebrate while he's just in the corner in his own world, sulking and almost angry about something. "We're happy that it's all over..." Seungkwan said in all relief that he was not the only one who was feeling this way, but almost everyone was feeling this way.

"We should party to celebrate..." Hoshi suggests, however, Joshua quickly turned to the idea knowing they still have some unfinished business to handle in the morning. "Before all of that, don't forget that we still have to bail three guys tomorrow morning." As usual, he cannot remind the guys to remember the important things before completely forgetting about them.

"Hyung, we did so well in this mission, I think we will be in the history..."An awkward silence fills up the air as the older ones try to take in the youngest enthusiasm till they can. "Okay, maybe not history..." Y/n thought as the room was still silent until Seungcheol bravely breaks the ice and move on. "You know what? Let's go have dinner..."

Everyone quickly agrees and starts walking to the kitchen, however, on the way, Y/n was blocked by the least expected person to do so. "We need to talk." Jihoon sounded more serious than ever and Y/n didn't really have much reason to refuse so she didn't argue anymore and just nodded in agreement to his request.