CHAPTER :- 15

He fed me a tiny piece of cake then he just scooped me in his arms gently patting my head and said "Happy birthday Prem, I wish for you to be happy forever". I just closed my eyes while in his embrace. I can feel the kind of wholeness right now that I can't explain in words.
I hear Pineare's voice, calling my name. He let me go off his arms so I opened my eyes and see everyone staring at me."Let's eat food now" Sammy said ,announcing to everyone. I can feel my cheeks getting hot.

Phi' Boun sit back on his chair and so do I . I am sitting in front of Pineare, I see her giving me a sly smile. I mouthed at him 'what? '. She said ,whispering to me " You are dumb?". I stick out my tongue at her. She teases me like this all the time.

We came back home after eating and chatting with them. I had so much fun with my friends. As soon as we reached the door of my room, Phi' Boun told me to come to his room after I have freshened up.

I ring his doorbell but then I notice it's already open so i entered the room. But it's dark here , why are the lights off "Phi' are you here"I said. Then suddenly I hear a button click and it's not dark in the room anymore. I see fairy lights hanging all over the room ,there are doughnuts and a pot lamp placed on a small table in the middle of the room . Phi' Boun is sitting on a chair in front of small table with guitar on his lap.

He told me to sit in front of him, so i did. " Prem, here's your gift" he said, handing me a square wooden box. "Please open it". I open it and see four paint brushes. " Thank you so much Phi' " I smiled at him. "And....... Prem I.............. I have written my first song.......... well......... for you" he said stuttering .He wrote his first song and it's for me "I would love to hear ". He started playing guitar and sang ~

Count on me through thick and thin
A friendship that will never end
When you are weak I will be strong
Helping you to carry on

Call on me, I will be there
Don't be afraid
Please believe me when I say
Count on me

It's hard to see the sunshine through the rain
I know sometimes it seems as if
It's never gonna end
But you'll get through it........................

(Lyrics : Count on me, Whitney Houston)

I don't wanna cry but can't help it. I can feel my eyes brimming with tears. A tear drop fell from my eye.
Phi' sees and ask "Prem........... " he sat the floor and placed his hand on my shoulder and said slowly"......... are you crying........ I.......... am sorry........... I made you cry".
"No Phi'.... I love it, thank you, it's the best gift I have ever had , thank you so much".

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

🥺🥺