CHAPTER :- 23

I am sitting on the edge of the bed. Phi' Boun is applying ointment on my wrist. I told him I can do it myself but he ignored me. It's burning.
"Prem... " It's the first time , I can sense anger in his voice. "It could have spilled on your feet" . "I am sorry Phi', I was just trying to learn how to cook, so I would help you sometimes, it would be cumbersome , right?". He looks at me, his eyes softens " whatever I do for you, is not a burden to me, what did I do to make you feel like this". A tear drop fell from my eye. "I always make you worry, I am sorry phi'". " It's okay " He wiped the teardrop from my cheek, with his thumb. "Promise me you won't do this again". I nodded.
" Let me apply it here too" He said and started to apply near my collar bone. He is now sitting a bit too close to me. This closeness is making me nervous. My heart is
throbbing so hard. He looks more handsome from he............... What in the world am I thinking? It's not even been a day since I decided to keep my feelings to myself, to get over him. If this how I am going to hide my feelings.................... It's going to be tortuous.

One month later, I am sitting alone on the rooftop of my building, watching the starry nightsky. Phi' Boun came back with some snacks in his hands.

"I love the nightsky, it reminds me of the day we first met" He said. "You still remember? " I ask. "How can I forget it, it was the day when I.........." He stopped mid sentence. "When you? ". "......When we were sitting in the garden ".That's a funny reason to remember. We both laughed at what he said. We came back to rooms after a while.

It's really difficult. No matter how much I try, It breaks my heart. With each day passing, my heart is growing more and more for him. It is freaking hard to not like him. Whenever I think about it, it brings tear to my eyes. I want to be with him. I want to tell , how much I like him. But I can't. It's better to hurt myself than being distant from him .

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N - If overthinking was a person, it would be Prem 😑