Love is a deep, deep sea | Vandiyathevan and Poonguzhali

Vallavaraiyan Vandiyathevan of the Vaanar clan, the prince without the kingdom was love-drunk.

Everything, everything reminded him of his Thalaivi.

The lotus was her eyes. The red soil was her complexion. Her smile had the radiance of a thousand moons and her voice was Amudham. Her neck was like the bamboo and her hair which was in a crown like hairstyle proclaimed that she was the empress of his poor heart and mind.

 Her neck was like the bamboo and her hair which was in a crown like hairstyle proclaimed that she was the empress of his poor heart and mind

As we saw him earlier, the young man was tired and in a mandapam. Ah, how would he love to get away from all these kingdom related matters! Just him and his Thalaivi, in a palace or a island or a hut or a forest, just the two of them. The breeze was Kundavai's soft hands which caressed Vandiyathevan's tired body. It felt pleasant.

•••"You have helped our kingdom so much

•••
"You have helped our kingdom so much...how can we ever repay you?" Said Kundavai. She was decked up like a bride and was smiling happily. Suddenly Aadhitha Karikalan, Sundara Chozhar, Vanavanmaadevi, Vanathi and many other members of the Chozhar royal family appeared. Everyone looked happy.

Aadhitha Karikalan smiled widely. It was a natural smile. Vandiyathevan had seen such a smile only rarely. Usually when Karikalar smiled, it had a tinge of pain or anger in it. But not now.

Aadhithar put his arm around Kundavai's shoulder and spoke "Vandiyatheva, you have done so much for us. The only way we can say thanks is by giving my sister's hand in marriage to you!" Kundavai blushed. Vandiyathevan was elated and was too stunned to speak.

A very beautiful looking snake crawled on Aadhitha Karikalan and bit him in his back. "No!" Shouted Vandiyathevan and then, he fell.
And fell.
And fell.
All was black.
A voice was singing at a distance.
" 🎶 Alaikadalum Oindirukka..."
It grew louder and louder.
" 🎶 Agakadal dhaan ponguvadhen?"
•••
Vandiyathevan woke up with a start. It was still night. He turned, and saw a very beautiful face of a woman.

"Oh! Poonguzhali!" Vandiyathevan said

The woman named Poonguzhali just glared at him. "Do you want to go to Eezham or not?" She asked angrily.

About a half an hour later they two were in a boat. The boat was headed to Eezham (The people of the Chozha kingdom called Sri Lanka as 'Eezham').

"Poonguzhali, don't you like men?" Asked Vandiyathevan

"Of course not! Men are just selfish, greedy and lowborn creatures!"
"Then what about the young prince?"
"Especially him!"
"What has humanity done to you? Why do you hate your own race?"
"Didn't I just tell you, you owl? I would rather be a parrot, spending my days in the forest with full freedom. Or a fish!"

The boatwoman spoke with hatred. She amazed Vandiyathevan. Such a beautiful face with such a good voice. But her words against men were laced with poison! Sometimes she behaved like a mad woman. Who falls in love with marsh fires?

"Penne, will you sing a song in your sweet voice?" Asked Vandiyathevan. "What will you give me?" Poonguzhali replied with a smile.

"Then I'll come near you and on your cheeks-" Before he could complete his sentence, Poonguzhali picked up a small dagger and pointed it at Vandiyathevan.

The following events were...interesting.

Later on, Vandiyathevan thought Poonguzhali was a spy who was sent to disrupt his mission. So he jumped in to the deep sea. Since he did not know how to swim, he almost drowned. "Oh, will the Chozha princess shed a tear for me when she finds out I died?" He thought. Poonguzhali had jump in to rescue him. He refused to cooperate, so she had no other option but to punch in the face. Vandiyathevan became dazed and it became easier for her to drag him back to the boat. Both of them were drenched.

"Here, drink some fresh water. You must've taken in a lot of salt water." She said.

After apologizing and thanking her profusely, Vandiyathevan asked "Poonguzhali, do you know where the young prince Arulmozhi Varman is?"

There was a certain radiance upon Poonguzhali's face upon the mention of Arulmozhi Varman. Vandiyathevan now suspected that Poonguzhali loved Arulmozhi and he probably reciprocated her love.

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══
(A/N): Poonguzhali has arrived!

Glossary:
Amudham: The sweet nectar of immortality which belonged to the Gods.
Mandapam: A hall like place used for resting and other purposes.
Vanavanmaadevi: Sundara Chozhar's wife; Aadhitha Karikalan, Kundavai and Arulmozhi Varman's mother
Penne: Oh Woman!
Poonguzhali: One of Amarar Kalki's most beloved fictional characters (Trust me, you will love her when you read the book!)
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══