Heartthrob | Aadhitha Karikalan-Manimegalai

This Chapter was requested by RamaniKunjamma

Hope you liked it :)

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Manimegalai tossed and turned in her bed. The rain lashed heavily outside the window.

"Why do you think of me like a stranger Manimegalai? We are going to marry each other soon, right?"

The crown prince's words haunted her ever since he had lifted her from the Veeranam Eri.

"No. No. No you fool! He won't marry you. Stop thinking of him!" She whispered to herself.

She had overheard a conversation a few days back.

"You upstart! So you and my sister are in love with each other?"

These too were the crown prince's words. The flames of her love for Vandiyathevan extinguished (She tried to forget him ever since she heard about the murder attempt on Kanda Maaran's life) and the ones for Karikalan burned stronger.

If the Ilaya Piratti's love kept the Vana warrior happy, it would be better to leave him like that. Anyone would do the same, for their loved one's happiness is of outmost importance to them.

Karikalan would talk merrily and laugh a lot.

But his eyes looked dark and soulless.

And Manimegalai wanted to be the twinkle in his eyes.

She had heard a lot about him. That he was brave and handsome. She had heard these years before she heard about Vandiyathevan. Her feelings for them grew side by side, and ultimately, Vallavan was defeated.

She decided to take a walk to ignore all these thoughts. The palace was eerily quiet and dimly lit.

There was no one in the corridors, yet she could feel someone was there. Manimegalai might be innocent at heart, but she was just as courageous as any other princess.

She slowly drew out her trusty dagger. "Whoever is there come out, now." She said.

The princess swiftly turned around to see Aadhitha Karikalan himself. She got startled.

"Ilavarasare!" She exclaimed.

"Sorry for scaring you like that. My face isn't exactly the friendly type." He apologized.

"Oh! No, please don't say that. You're handsome, very much at that." She muttered.

"You think so?" He asked.

Manimegalai was overcome with sudden shyness and looked at the floor, which looked interesting to her now.

"Fine, leave that. What are you doing here instead of sleeping?" He enquired.

'This is the chance! Tell him that you love him Manimegalai! Stop looking like a coward, which you are, in front of him!' Her brain had started to admonish her. "I- I wasn't able to sleep, Ilavarasare."

"You look very red. Are you feeling sick Manimegalai?"

"I am lovesick for you Ilavarasare. That's why I was not able to sleep." She blabbered.

"Oh." Was all what Karikalan said.

Manimegalai, who just realized what she said, dropped the knife and ran to her room, burying her face in her soft palms.

She took shelter under the blankets and thought of what she had said ('Probably I was too sleepy and didn't think straight?') and slowly slept.

•••