𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮

♪ Signs, any signs I'm alive still
I don't wanna lose it
But I'm not getting through this ♪

Pierre Gasly POV

I just got to Italy from the race in The Netherlands. Since we only had a few days before the race in Monza all of us came directly to Italy, which is good because for me it means I came home. Charles stayed at my apartment, and so did Yuki and Lando.

After we got here we decided to go have lunch. It was me, Daniel, Charles, Yuki, Lando and Carlos. We were just talking when a huge confusion issued in, there was a woman and a man fighting in front of us and when we were going to get up two women appeared. I just froze, I couldn't believe my eyes.

The confusion ended with the guy losing and it was her. I knew it was, she trained this with me, and she dislocated my shoulder but it could've been worse. I let it happen though. Charles looked as dumbfounded as I. We all looked lost, except for Yuki who knew of her existence but never saw her personally. They saw each other at glimpses and she was different back then.

"What is happening? It looks like you saw a ghost" Yuki says confused and follows my eyes that looked at her sitting at the guys' table waving them goodbye as they left.

"I'm going there" Charles says getting up, I watched and I could even hear it from how close they were. "It was really you"

"Charles? Oh my God! I didn't see you" She says after turning around and looking at him in shock.

"I noticed. You just... disappeared" He says and she looks at the ground.

"It wasn't personal. I had to. He is gone, I got lost and I needed time and space. I hear you are pretty sensational on the track" She says smiling and he smiles too.

"We missed you" He says hugging her and she hugs him too.

"I missed you too. I should've kept in touch but I really kind of lost touch with reality" She says and he nods.

"The guys are here" He says taking a step aside, she sees us and I clear my throat a bit nervous. Why am I nervous? It's Chloé, I know her since she was like 5.

"Hey. You all look good" She says coming in our direction and they all hug her. I get up when she gets to me and I smile.

"Good to see you too Chloé" I say as soon as she forcibly hugs me and she laughs.

"That's a blatant lie Gasly. You never liked me and I never liked you" She says when we take a step back.

"Come on, we were kids" I say shrugging it off. We never got along because she was kind of boring, always reading her books, never leaving the house, and never coming with us to places. She is two years younger but she was really anti-social. Or she hated me, either way, we never were best friends.

"And now we aren't, and there's no reason to pretend we got along" She says and walks away from me. "I should go, it was great seeing you all"

"Chloé!" Daniel says and she looks back while her friends stood there smiling, I think they are the friends she had since middle school, Julia and Anna.

"What?" She asks confused.

"You should come to the race on the 12th. For the old times" He says and she goes pale.

"I- I can't" She says nervously.

"We will go, we will see if we find tickets" Julia says and Chloé looks at her like she just shot her.

"You can be my plus one Chloé" I say and she nods slowly without even looking at me.

"I can have one of you as a plus one, my girlfriend is not coming to this race" Charles says and Julia smiles.

"That sounds great" Julia says excitedly.

"I can have a plus one too, no worries" Daniel says and both girls smile but Chloé looked like she was dying.

"Where are you staying? We can pick you up on the day of the race. You can come with us to see the practices and qualifying if you want to" I say and they look excited.

"We are at Palazzo Paragi" Chloé finally says looking like she gave up on not going.

"Wow, that's an expensive one" Yuki says and quickly sits down again.

"My number is the same. Let me know when you will pick us up on Friday" Chloé says starting to head out. I finally start thinking, we tried calling her and we thought she changed numbers.

"Why couldn't we get in touch with you before then?" Charles asks before I did but she closes the door.

"She blocked you all. She will probably unblock you now. Thanks for the invites, see you all on Friday" Anna says heading out and I sit down dumbfounded. She blocked me? I knew her for 16 years and she blocked me after someone important to both of us died?

"That was tense" Lando says and we all look at him.

"You think?" Carlos asks and we laugh.

"She blocked all of us? That's fucked up" I said still shocked.

"Your ego is bruised once again. The only girl who never gave a shit about you still doesn't care about you" Charles says and I look at him angrily, why does he say things like this?

"Oh, so they never liked each other? It's normal, you were her brother's best friend, not hers. But she definitely looks different" Yuki says and Charles nods.

"She got along with everyone and he did too, but they never liked each other. She found him annoying and he found her boring. They always kept their distance" Charles says laughing.

"I tried to be civil but she hated my guts" I say crossing my arms.

"She once did this thing to your arm. You told us, you didn't believe she could do it so she dislocated your shoulder" Daniel says laughing.

"She wanted to train, I told her she couldn't dominate a grown man. She is so small, she is like 5'3 (1,60m)" I say and they continue laughing.

"I remember Anthoine calling me to tell me this laughing and you were by his side crying. You had to ask her to put your arm in place and she did it while we were facetiming. It was something else" Charles says laughing like there was no tomorrow.

"Enough with my shameful moments, it happened. We had good moments, that's why I wasn't expecting to be blocked after 16 years of knowing her"

"Your ego is bruised, you will be over it. We got along with her in the years before that so we should be more shocked than you" Lando says and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. Let's go" I say and we pay for our meals.

After that, we left and visited the city. At night Carlos and Daniel went to their hotel and we went home. The next day the four of us decided to play games all afternoon after the press conference and then I messaged Chloé about picking them up at 11 am and she said it was fine by them. So it's going to happen, I guess.