𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱

♪ Unsay these spoken words
Find hope in the hopeless ♪

Chloé Hubert POV

I watched qualifying and then headed out to the hospitality. We waited there for the media to end and Pierre and Yuki appeared.

"Hello girls" Yuki says smiling.

"Congratulation on 6th Mister Pierre" Anna says and he laughs.

"Thank you, let me change clothes and I will take you to the hotel so you can all relax and have dinner" He says and we nod, they both leave to their rooms and we sat there.

"That hug really was something else, you two would make such a powerful couple" Anna says smiling.

"Get out of your fantasy world, we can try to be friends, no more than that" I say and they laugh.

"Don't be stupid. God put that man in your life 18 years ago and you are still in denial of the potential you two could have together. Or do you forget even Anthoine wanted you two together? Even your moms tried to set you two up" Julia says and I roll my eyes.

"My mom is crazy and so is his mom. We would never work out. He is a player, don't you read the gossip?"

"You are a player too, you finally got out of your shell. You are just like him now. You have a clothing brand selling millions worldwide and some businesses aside. You are not the person you were before, you are growing each day and so is he" Anna says and I shake my head.

"Just let me be" I say and they nod and Pierre comes back.

"Let's go" He says and we get up.

We walk through the paddock so we could get to his car and some photos were being taken as always. We got to the hotel and we got out of the car.

"Are you busy after dinner?" I ask through the window while they walked to the hotel entrance.

"I'm not, why?" He answers and looks me straight in the eyes. I fought with my life to not look away.

"Can we talk after that?" I ask and he nods.

"Whenever you want. Call me and I will pick you up" He says and I nod.

"See you in a bit" I say and go to where they were surprised.

"What was that?" Julia asks confused.

"Nothing, I just want to talk to him alone" I say and they nod.

"That will do you good. You two went through the same trauma, that's a good idea" Julia says entering the hotel.

We have dinner and I look at my phone, should I really talk to him? What if we end up fighting? I have to get some insight, he also went through this. I sent him a text and almost instantly got an answer saying he was on his way.

"I'm gonna meet Pierre downstairs" I say and they nod excitedly.

"It will be fine" Anna says with a huge smile.

"Please, keep an open mind babe" Julia says and I leave the room. I get downstairs and a few minutes later he was there, with a different car.

"You change cars depending on how many people you are driving around?" I ask when he gets out and he laughs.

"I rented the other car, my 3 cars are for 2 people only" He says and opens the door for me.

"Predictable of you" I say before he closes the door and I put my seatbelt on.

"A motorsports guy who only has sportive cars? It's predictable, I will give you that" He says when he gets in.

"Do you know any relaxing place around here where we could talk?" I ask and he seems to think about it but starts driving.

"We could go to Sempione Park, it's quiet at night and has a great view of the sky" He says and I nod.

We get there, walk around for a bit and he takes his jacket off, places it on a part of the grass that had nobody around, and sits on it.

"Come on" He says and I sit on his jacket too.

"Do you come here a lot?" I ask and he nods.

"I live in Milan, I like places to relax too" He says looking around.

"Do you really think Anthoine died happily? You said he died doing what he loved" I ask and he gives a smile.

"Chloé, we love this since we remember, we got all the way up together. I love this world and so did he. He died happily. I would rather die driving than of natural causes or being run over or whatever. It's fucking depressing that it happened but we have to remember the good. He lived for 23 years and I won't remember him for the day he died. Not today or ever. He is the person I saw while he lived in the 16 years I met him. I know it scared you but you can make it through"

"I think I needed to hear it. My mom and my brother never got that view, they got as traumatized as me in the beginning, my mom didn't even drive or get in a car in the first month. I got so far away from myself. I only got on my feet a year ago. I was so lost" I say feeling really sad but relieved to see this side of things. He hugs me and I hug him back.

"Nathalie and Victhor kept me informed. You were always going to parties and getting with someone new, and when it wasn't that you were locked in your bedroom. But you got through it, you have your own brand and some other things that I believe are a success" He says and I feel the happiness in his voice.

"We never got along, but you were his best friend, I should've tried to keep you close, and Charles too" I say and he nods.

"We will look after you now. It's never too late, we are here for you. I'm here for you, that's what Anthoine would've wanted" He says and I feel some tears in my eyes.

"I'm here for you too Pierre, so be careful every time you get on the tracks" I say and he smiles nodding.

"Don't worry, let's be friends, for us and for him" Pierre says smiling and I smile too.

We got quieter and at one point I laid down to look at the stars and he did the same.