𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲

♪ Pull me out of the train wreck
Unburn the ashes
Unchain the reactions, I'm not ready to die, not yet ♪

Pierre Gasly POV

While we were laying there I felt relieved, for the first time in 2 years. I felt all the anxiety go away, I never felt so good with her by my side. I have been messing around these years, going from girl to girl, as my mom would say, to fill some kind of void in me.

"I kind of missed you" I say and I think I shouldn't have let this slip because she got quiet for a few moments and I saw she was surprised because I was looking at her.

"Me too, I never thought I would be glad to be by your side Pierre, but I am. I think you helped me heal the part that was still there. The guilty part of me who saw it all and thought I could've avoided it" She says and looks at me too making our faces closer than they should've been.

"I'm glad I did it, you need to heal everything. Time won't delete the hurt and the pain but time heals and you can be a better person with that. Just remember all the good we had with him and you will get through it when it gets tough" I say and she smiles. She gets closer and lays her head on my chest and I smile.

"You are a better person than I thought" She says and we both laugh.

"That's good to know" I say and we get quiet again, a good silence tho.

"Can we get some ice cream close by?" She asks after about half an hour of a word here and there.

"There's a great place nearby. We can walk there" I say and she nods. She takes her head off my chest and I get up first. I held my hand for her, she takes it and gets up, bringing my jacket with her.

"Let's go then" She says excitedly. We walk to the place, ask for our ice creams and sit there.

"When are you going home?" I ask and she seems like she was thinking about it.

"Maybe on the 19th or 20th. Hm... Do you want to come to our house on the 22nd? My mom, me and Victhor, some family and close friends will reunite, you should be there" She says and I feel like she was nervous to ask this but I could only smile.

"Of course I will go, my mom told me something about it, she said they were going too" I say and she nods.

"That will be great then"

"My mom will be ecstatic. Last year it was only the three of us because of restrictions and all that" She says and I laugh.

"She called on his birthday, we talked for a bit, and your brother called too. They are the best, they adore me. And so will you one day" I say making us both laugh.

"Don't go that far, I am starting to like you, that should be good enough" She says while we laughed.

"Will I finally be able to enter your bedroom without being kicked out?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"That's the room where I grew up, all my secrets are in there, you can't go in there, ever. Not you or anyone" She says and I nod.

"I was excited about that, now I'm disappointed. I wanted to see your safe place"

"You don't want to, believe me" She says and looks around.

"It's a beautiful city to be in" I say and notice we were both smiling while looking around.

"It is, maybe I will come to visit you more times than expected"

"You won't pay for a hotel room next time" I say and she laughs.

"I think both of us together for 24 hours would be a disaster"

"Maybe 2 years ago, now seems like a good idea. We are more mature now"

"That's true. Tomorrow at what time do you have to be in the paddock?" She asks and I think a bit about it.

"I think I have to be there around 10, we have practice and sprint tomorrow. But if you want you can show up at 11 or something, it will be boring to be around waiting for me" I say and she laughs.

"We can go at 11, practice is at midday right?" She asks and I nod. "We will get there, don't worry. You better do good tomorrow. You won last year so let's see if good luck is with you this year too"

"Is not good luck, it's being good"

"You are all the best of the best, that doesn't need to be said"

"Let me take you to the hotel before it gets too late" I say and she nods. We walk to the car, I leave at the hotel, we say our goodbyes and I go home seeing Charles, Yuki, and Lando waiting for me in my living room.

"That was a long conversation" Lando says and I roll my eyes.

"It was, we want to be friends. We have a lot of years of knowing each other and it's time to move on" I say and they nod but I see Charles had a huge smile. "What?"

"Nothing, I'm just smiling. Is it a crime now?" He says playing dumb and I let out a laugh.

"Come on, say what you want to say" I say. He looks at the other two and shrugs.

"You two will end up dating. I and Anthoine always believed that, we made a bet, and it looks like I won" He says and I am dumbfounded, since when did they bet on my romantic life?

"What did you two bet?" Yuki asks curiously.

"It was in 2015, I think, he said 5 years until you two get together. I said it would be more like 6 or 7. So I won" He says and I roll my eyes.

"Keep dreaming Leclerc" I say and sit on my couch, changing channels on the tv.

"Everyone is talking about Chloé return to the paddock, they are saying she is dating one of the drivers" Lando says and I look at him curiously.

"Let me guess, me?" I say almost sure of the answer, we had those rumors for years, it isn't new.

"No, Esteban Ocon" He says and I get back to watching tv.

"That doesn't make any sense. She is dating him but she arrived with me, they are fucking dumb" I say and it was silent for a few seconds until they started laughing.

"You were right Charles. He really is jealous already" Yuki says laughing.

"The rumors are with you, don't worry jealous boy" Lando says while they laughed.

"Assholes"

It got quiet after a few minutes of teasing, I saw some posts online and then we all went to sleep. The next day we got to the track at 10 am and got on with our day.