𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟲

♪ You know me better than I do, can't seem to keep nothing from you
How you touch my soul from the outside? Permeate my ego and my pride♪

Pierre Gasly POV

As time went by, I could tell therapy affected Chloé; she was more confident, and she talked about Anthoine a lot more than she used to. She didn't cry when doing so, and she was happier; it seemed like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. 

She invited me to one of the sessions online, and I went with an open mind but it was actually amazing, it helped me see grief in a different way and how that night had affected her for the first two weeks of therapy.

"That is intense, but I can see how you've been getting better; I'm proud of you," I tell her once the laptop is closed shut, and she smiles.

"Thank you for coming to a session; it meant a lot. I know it might be a bit too much for you, but it feels good to open up," she says as she rests her head on my chest.

"You are amazing, you've dealt with a lot of shit, but I promise that it will keep getting better. Thank you for allowing me to participate; she is very interesting; it's like she truly tries to understand the person and not just tell us what we want to hear," I say as I caress her hair, and she nods.

"She was very well recommended by some friends; even Julia and Anna had heard about her. Thank you for giving me the push to go to therapy; it isn't as bad as I expected," she confesses, and I nod.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all the shit you've been through. I'm here for you, whatever you need; I know what happened was complicated, but I love you, and I trust you with my life," I tell her as I kiss the top of her head.

"Thank you for not hating me for what I've done; even if I was drugged, it must've been hard to hear it and see it. Thank you for not giving up on us, on me," she says as she looks me in the eyes and I smile.

"I could never hate you. I can't lie and say that those things don't haunt me, but I couldn't give up on us on that alone; it would take me a whole lot more to make me give up; if you were sober, I would have to let you go, but if that was me you were seeing, nothing was wrong. He was wrong," I explained, and she listened carefully.

"Well, I'm still sorry for being selfish that day. I love you, I truly do," she hugged me tighter and I hugged her back. 

We are in Abu Dhabi, ready to do the last race of the year, and I have successfully avoided speaking about this with Esteban until now. I avoided this for 2 months; every damn time, I was able to ignore it. I don't want his excuses, and the therapy last night only proved my point that he has done too much harm to be forgiven.

"We shouldn't end the season like this. I am sorry for what happened, but let's talk about it," he says as he stands by the entrance of my room, and I roll my eyes. Chloé is with the girls by the garage, where I should be arriving at any time now.

 "There is nothing to talk about. Chloé was in a vulnerable position, kissed you and you kissed her back and called her mon amour. Delusional much?" I said angrily, and he just nodded in agreement.

"I thought she was a bit drunk; she came in my direction, and I somehow preferred to believe she was somewhat confessing. No name was ever mentioned; call me delusional because I had a few drinks and was apparently dumb enough to believe it," his explanation made me laugh.

"You know Chloé that little? You thought she would date me for more than a year to confess her feelings for my teammate? Why would she wait this long when she knows you like her back?" I ask as I cross my arms.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to take advantage. We are keeping a safe distance; we don't even talk anymore. I just want us to be civil; rumors are going around, and people only make stupid rumors up. I am glad you two worked it out, and I am sorry for what I've done. Let's just be civil, please," he asks me, and I nod.

"Fine by me. I've been civil to you for the past 2 months, I don't know what the problem is. Have a good race and winter break," he steps out of the way, and I leave, walking to the garage. I see my girlfriend, so I lean and hug her from behind before kissing her neck.

"There he is! Took you long enough," Anna says excitedly.

"You know I like to play difficult sometimes; if she sees me all the time, she might get sick of me," I joke, and Chloé laughs.

"Like that would be possible. Give me more of your time, and I will gladly see you every damn second of the day," she says as she turns around.

"Being single around you two sucks," Julia murmurs as she pouts, and Chloé gives me a peck on the lips before smiling and pushing me.

"Work is calling; we will be here rooting for you," Chloé says, and I follow suit.

I entered the car for the last race of the season. We expected better, but both cars finished the race outside of the points, which was disappointing. But seeing my best friend on the podium felt good. And I ensured he knew it once I hugged him when we crossed paths on the paddock.

"Your girlfriend hugged me first," he teases me, and I almost give him the middle finger.

"I sure hope she did," I say calmly and continue my way through the paddock.

"There you are!" I hear my girlfriend's voice before she hugs me.

"I tried to get some points, but that was hell," I explain, but she smiles widely.

"You did just great; I will see you win soon enough," she says proudly, and I smile. This is what I need, she is what I need. And the ring by my bedstand is going to be on display soon enough and it would look good in her hand.